1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 vs. R1M as Racebike build

Discussion in 'General' started by 2OLD2BFAST, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That's actually my favorite feature of the bike. It's a damn good 'feeling' motor.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

...and it sounds oh so tasty.

dsmitty37 and RRP like this.
  3. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

We'll see how it goes, but this one won out...

TrackToySmall.jpg

4. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Notice the correction factor of STD 1.05. Anyone not trying to pad numbers would display it in SAE. That figure in SAE would be around 190whp. Not arguing that's not a LOT of power, but let's compare apples to apples.

Eskimo and Gorilla George like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congrats!! I was able to ONLY give it one "like"
    I wanted to do like 10 :)

6. Shit.

Now I want a Ninja.

BigBird likes this.
  7. 2OLD2BFAST

Kit ECU, Harness, a 3/4 pipe, various Woodcraft protection, EBC GPFAX pads and some bodywork are all on the way...

BigBird likes this.
  8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

No, you want to be a ninja.

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Do you really think he'd tolerate shoes where the big toe is separated from the rest?

10. Haha, ok that too. :D

11. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

What does the kit ecu and harness give you on the kawasaki? Just wondering.

Thanks

12. 2OLD2BFAST

Disconnect ability on the rear brake portion of the ABS, tunability, derestriction of top speed, auto-blipper and clutchless downshifting functions added to the KQS, etc...

13. Pudge

Pudge Well-Known Member

Nice!

Will ecu and harness do the auto blipper and clutchless downshifting for the 600 as well?

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

serious question........ At Roebling I saw some Kawis with red gas reservoirs (I think that's what they are) and green gas reservoirs on the forks..... Is there an internal difference or is it just different depending which color bodywork you got?

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Bodywork...The KRT which is the Green one comes with a Red one, and the Black one comes with a Green one :confused:

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Took me a minute to figure out which one it was.....I've never seen either bike with mirrors or lights. Congrats!

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Not until the next generation likely. The current version does not have throttle by wire.

19. vco

vco Active Member

And yet another reason would be the price. Picked one up over the weekend, 12,650 OTD for the black, non-ABS model. They're running a rebate until the end of the month (err... tomorrow).

BigBird likes this.
  20. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

who has them for that price?