1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 rotors on R6

Discussion in 'Tech' started by borislav, Sep 22, 2016.

1. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Is this correct or no, I thought wheels are the same but rotors are different! ?

Attached Files:

2. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

They're same the same bolt patterns, just different diameters. So you can put them on the R6 with spacers.

3. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

I went on Braking website and rotors for R6 are P/N WK111 and rotors for R1 are P/N WK078 now what is interesting they are both 310mm rotors with same mounting hole spacing BUT only two differences. One is braking surface height and other one is rotor thicknes! I would think thicker rotor the better but how much of importance is braking surface height in this case we are talking about 3.5mm!? Question is did somebody use R1 rotors on R6 with out any issues!?

BRAKING SURFACE HEIGHT:
    R6 35.50mm
    R1 32.00mm

ROTOR THICKNESS
    R6 5.00mm
    R1 5.80mm

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Well thickness has to be taken into account to make sure they can actually physically fit, more meat is always better.

Not sure on what braking surface height, but looking at 35mm would seem to correlate with the how tall the actual braking part of the rotor is. Maybe the inner carrier of the R1 is a little larger, and thus reducing the surface height of the rotor, but which is made up on the thinkness of it. At least that's my rational, if im correct on the terminology.

5. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

R1's used a thinner braking surface height when they switched to the 6 piston caliper in 07