1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 calipers/lines for GSXR 600/750

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by piper907, Jan 16, 2011.

1. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

I am selling a set of R1 brake calipers for your 2006-2009 GSXR 600 or 750.
    These are a SWEET upgrade and include everything that you need for a firm set of brakes.
    -Calipers come with CUSTOM made case hardened retaining pins. These pins WILL NOT get flat notches in them like the soft OEM ones, they have the OEM r-clips installed and are ALSO drilled for safety wire. These pins are also lighter than the OEM ones.
    -Spacers are installed for (stock) GSXR 310mm rotors.
    -Also include an almost new set of Ferodo XRAC compound race pads. I installed these pads prior to the last round of 2010 and they have TONS of life left in them.
    - a set of BRAND NEW in the package Galfer 2>2 stainless lines is also included, these lines are black with gold ends.

275$ shipped for it all

Attached Files:

2. SV650R

SV650R GSXR ASSASSIN

I run these Monoblock Calipers on my bike and they give you excellent improvement on the feel department...

Specially with the R1 Brembo or Forged Brembo master cylinder...

[​IMG]

I have never try Ferodo brake pads... I run Vesrah RJL brake pads...

If you have additional information on the retaining pins, It would be appreciated...

Regards, Luis

3. piper907

Thanks for the bump Luis.
    Not much additional information on the retaining pins... they are the only pair on the planet... made from injection mold ejector pins and the holes had to be drilled with a miniature ball end mill.

4. JPthaJedi

JPthaJedi Well-Known Member

Lowest you'll take? They'll mount up to my Gsxr with no problems?

5. JPthaJedi

JPthaJedi Well-Known Member

200 shipped?

6. piper907

Yes they will mount up to your 2006-2009 GSXR 600/750 with no problems. They were removed from my 2008 GSXR 750 yesterday.
    No thanks, 275$ is what you would pay for lines and pads alone so 275$ for lines, pads, calipers, spacers, and trick caliper pins that you can't buy is a pretty good deal... shipped to you. :up:

7. piper907

I'd like to sell this stuff as a set for someone that wants to bolt it up and GO... I have already done all the homework for you ;)

If you don't need the lines, I am sure you wouldn't have a hard time re-selling them as they are NEW, in the package from Galfer.

8. O.Kho

O.Kho Well-Known Member

PM Sent...

9. h3lm3t

h3lm3t Member

Will not fit 2004-2005 600-750? I would be all over this

10. piper907

not sure on that... you MAY be able to remove the 10mm spacers that were installed to get these to work but you are gunna have to do your own homework on that one, sorry ;(

11. trace33chargers

trace33chargers Well-Known Member

For the calipers to fit the 04-05 600/750 you just need to have a little bit machined off the caliper (assuming you are running stock 300mm rotors). Zoran @ TWF can machine them for you in the neighborhood of 35-40 bucks.

12. piper907

...with that being said. IF you can give me proper specs, I can machine a bit off the mounting boss of the calipers prior to shipping... for a small fee ;)

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

8mm to work with 300 rotors. Or he can use 320 rotors and just cut dowel part of spacer. Your spacers are 2mm, not 10. Same spacers work on 04/05 with 320 rotors but have to be flat on bottom.

14. piper907

Gotcha...Thanks for the info Zoran!!! :beer:

^^^ there you go!!! straight from the guy that knows. (now, if you could only tell me how to get this GSXR 1000 wheel into my 750 swingarm ;))

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I thought it was just spacers difference between wheels?

16. piper907

nope... not lately. looks like I am going to have to sink the carrier further into the wheel somehow!!!:eek:

on another note... calipers, pads, pins, etc are SOLD...
    Still have a set of Galfer 2>2 lines NEW in the box for your 06-09 GSXR 600 or 750... how about 75$ shipped? :up:

17. piper907

lines are still for sale... make me an offer!

18. auz_gsxr

auz_gsxr Well-Known Member

arg i should check this site more often, would have grabbed the lot...

at least u get a free bump :)

19. piper907

Still have the lines available... and they gotta GO!!!!

75$ shipped to your door for a set of brand new Galfer stainless lines!!!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  20. O.Kho

O.Kho Well-Known Member

bump
    Just got my calipers and captive axle blocks!
    Everything is exactly as advertised and the blocks look great! Thanks!