1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R.I.P. Paul Farrell

Discussion in 'General' started by mad brad, Jul 28, 2002.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Paul Farrell was the race director for C.C.S. S.E. races. he suffered a fatal incident on his was to VIR. If any of you knew Paul, he was as good as they came. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

Godspeed Paul.

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

3. Tracy S

Tracy S Well-Known Member

Man, I hate to hear that as he was a really good guy. He took the time to come and talk to me after my first race weekend and make sure that I had fun and enjoyed myself. That was a really cool thing to do for a first time racer. It really made an impression that I wont forget.

He will be missed.

4. amaner

amaner will do math for food

I'll definetly miss Paul and his "this flag represents a behavioral problem on your part" speeches. :) Very cool guy.

We'll miss ya Paul. :(

5. whizzif

whizzif Well-Known Member

Long faces at VIR this weekend. We'll miss you Paul. Godspeed.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Condolences from all of us at WERA to his friends, family, and all the racers. I didn't know him but it's always a blow when we lose one of our racing family.

7. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Was Paul the guy with the ZX-12? I am really sorry to hear this.

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Aprilia

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

not sure of his bike rocky, he was the race directot with brown shaggy hair and a mustache. he was 35 years old.

9. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Sympathies go out to family and friends. :(
    I met Paul a few years ago at a race at CMP while doing some "extra" cornerworking. He heard that I was the Announcer for WERA and asked if I was interested in calling some races for them too. Seemed like a nice guy.

GODSPEED Paul.

R.I.P MASTERFARR

10. TwoCycler

Brad,

I was thinking of the wrong person. Was Paul fairly short with dark hair and mustache? I think he drove a light colored Cadillac? Yes, he was about my age... Was that him?

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Aprilia

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yes. that was him.

12. TwoCycler

Brad,

That is truly horrible! Paul was always very nice to me. Was it a car accident?

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Aprilia

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i'm not sure exactly, but i believe it was cardiac/vascular in origin.

i.e. heart attack, arrythmia, or aneurism.

14. Roger Lyle

Roger Lyle Well-Known Member

What a shock to hear this ! Paul was a great guy and CCS Race Director in the SE. I roomed with him at Daytona and he was the mellowest guy to know. He was very good for the sport and everyone who knew him. I, along with his other friends and family, will surely miss him. Paul is in a better place now. Rest in Peace Brother.

15. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

In addition to being a great race director, Paul was a genuinely nice guy. Always had an open ear and was a great guy to work and race with.

Godspeed, Paul.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2002
  16. mad brad

mad brad Guest