1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quickshifters

Discussion in 'General' started by rogers1323, Feb 16, 2020.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

What is everyone using for quickshifters now? I have an older Cordona unit on my GSXR now that has been turned off for years because the sensitivity won’t stay in adjustment. I think it was a known issue, but I never pursued it because the vendor is overseas.

I now want to get two bikes set up with quickshifters. One is the same GSXR (2008) and one is a new to me 2005 SV 650. Both have PC3USB units for fuel control. I’m looking for best functionality, but also easy integration. What should I be shopping for?

2. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

I have used an Annitori for the last 4 years or so, it has worked very well. I did once have a problem with it, sent it back to them - it was tested and the problem was fixed for free. Their customer service was fantastic in my experience, easy to contact/communicate with and they stood behind their product.

3. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Pro shift DBS. They have autoblippers/ quickshift units for GSXRs. One is getting put on my 14 GSXR 1000 as we speak. If you check out YouTube it’s pretty trick.

4. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

The PCIII has integral QS function, cutting the fuel only, obviously. The cut time is adjusted using the PCIII tuning software. I can offer push or pull sensors with the appropriate PCIII connector with adaptor rods for US$125 each, plus $15 for the postman. In stock, ready to ship.

If you want spark kill instead of fuel cut, I can offer a splice-in controller box, cut time adjustable from 20-100ms in 2ms steps. US$75 each, allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I've always used the basic Dynojet stuff and never had any issues.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

On my '04 SV650 I have the PC5 and Dynojet QS push with the Woodcraft rearsets setup for GP shift. Been using it for the last 4 years.

7. rogers1323

I did some searching here about it, and the consensus I saw was that ignition cut was preferable to fuel cut. Dynojet stuff can do that, but has to have the ignition module (for GSXR at least)? Is that still accurate, cutting ignition is preferred?

8. DonTZ125

*scratching head* I can see where a fuel-cut shifter could cause a momentary lean condition when it re-engages the injectors, but I'd find it hard to believe this would cause damage to anything short of a high-boosted or nitrous engine. DJ runs fuel cut in their PCIII and PCV, and haven't been sued into oblivion, so I have to assume it works, and works well.

9. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Dynojet or Translogic

10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to use Annitori. Everyone that I know of that has used it has loved it.

11. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I have the Annitori as well. I thought the Blueooth function would be gimmicky, but being able to re-tune the delay without having to dig around under the seat was nice.

12. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Annitori.

13. consumer38

consumer38 Well-Known Member

I found Annitori to be best priced right from them. I think they distribute out of Indy? Mine got here, seattle area, in less than a week.

14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Danos Performance works great with the PC3, and it's cheaper than Dynojet. I've run it for 3-4 years without issue.

15. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I have a dynojet quickshift module in a box somewhere for the GSXR if you're interested.

16. rogers1323

I was pulling that from a conversation that I saw here some time ago. I think it was basically what you just said, but there was some discussion about how ignition cut would avoid that.

Also, for the GSXR at least, what I'm finding is that the ignition module is required because the PCIII only connects to the lower injectors. So the ignition module cuts ignition for the quickshifter. That also makes the DJ option more expensive than some.

17. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

The quickshift module I mentioned in the last comment ties into the upper injectors to enable full fuel cut quickshifting.

18. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

I have an HM Quickshifter on a 750.

I first installed it on a 2007 GSXR 600, a few years later moved it to a 750, then to a different 750.
    The 750 is on it's 4th motor and still the same original HM Quickshifter. It probably has at least 400 track days on it and it has never missed a single shift, ever. It works the same today as the first day I installed it.

19. DonTZ125

My sensor and controller combo is less expensive than the DJ sensor alone! :)

20. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I run a Dynojet on my 2008 GSXR 600, love it.