1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question

Discussion in 'General' started by Dieselboy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Bout to run to a local dealer to pick up fork seals, but they only carry honda brand fork oil. I have the 25mm ohlins carts in stock R6 fork tubes. Should I wait and order the ohlins fork oil or just pick up the honda stuff. Also what weight is recommended?

Know this should be in tech, but need a quick answer before I head out, thanks. :D

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I would replace it with whatever is in there now. That is what it is set up for.

3. Bought them used, but I believe it was ohlins fork oil, not sure which weight though.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Call Ohlins.

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Do you know who set them up originally? If so give them a call. Most tuners stick with the same brand of oil. Or if the oil was a specific color that may help determine what it is.

6. I have the service receipt from the original owner on my other computer, pretty sure it was ohlins. I just wasn't sure if the brand made a huge impact on how the forks perform. I'll probably just wait and order the ohlins then, thanks for the advice.

7. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

And to answer your original question I wouldn't put the Honda oil in there unless you need them back together right away and don't have anything else. It's almost certain that they weren't set up with Honda oil and fork oil viscosities vary widely.

8. Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I have Ohlins oil in stock. Eastern PA is kind of a big place, but my shop is in Horsham, PA.

10. Oh cool I'm right down the road, PM sent.

11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member