1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick fill systems

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by flypigs, Mar 26, 2001.

1. flypigs

flypigs Cold turkey since 2003

A few questions:
    Has anyone used the "EZ Fill" system that LP sells? Is it an acceptable substitute for a dry brake system?

Where can I find a 6-8 gallon dump can? I haven't found any bigger than 5 gallons.

Finally, do the dry brake female couplers mount to any standard fuel tank(specifically a 916 and a 2k1 gsxr)?

Thanks in advance,
    Pete

2. aod99

aod99 Administrator

We have not used the EZ fill. It depends on your definition of "acceptable". Nothing beats a nice dual dry break system (although NOTB gets uncomfortably close).

For bigger containers try Pegasus Racing (cars).

Dry Break fitting don't fit into anything. You need to cut out the top of the tank, weld in a ring, drill and tap the ring to mate with the dry break etc etc. It is a big hassle. Especially when the tap breaks in the ninth hole....

Sam

3. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

Doesn't a dry brake system put you into the superbike class?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since no one else answered - yes it does. AOD tend to forget there are other classes out there [​IMG] Of course Melissa then smacks him in the head and explains how it's more impressive for a modified gas can to dump it's load in the same amount of time it takes the expensive dry break system to do so thereby earning her many more trick factor points.

5. backdraftmoto

The problem is that these slick teams use classifieds equipment that newbies don't have. To me, being such a newbie, that sucks!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True - however with a little ingenuity the NOTB system could be replicated. I've been wondering for years why none of the SS teams have done it.

Ingenuity helps in Endurance raicng....

7. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

OK, that's enough speculating. Move along, nothing to see here...

8. melissa

melissa Sir

Hey kids, look at this shiny new penny!

(Scott, where's the brick?)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder how much a good SS legal quick fill would go for....

Nah, must only use knowloedge of aperture size for good, not evil [​IMG]

10. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Do you know TSR?

He complains that other riders are faster.

You're complaining that we've spent long hours developing pit equipment.

The difference is that I know you are just kidding around.

11. backdraftmoto

Given that I've never seen the system, I wouldn't know how to replicate it. I guess if some wandering idiot shows up at their pits this weekend, my cover will be blown. Better get the zoom lens out now. I'll be banned from a 50 foot radius. Mongo, any chance we can get the pit spot next to the them? Just name the drop spot for that... umm... package...

12. backdraftmoto

Do you know TSR?

Nopers. But after reading all his gripes, I'll keep to myself. Next thing I know I'll be in that LW bitchfest from 2000, and I don't have a LW bike. Or was that a different chat?

He complains that other riders are faster.

Sounds like he needs to go through the AOD Boot Camp to cheer up his blues.

You're complaining that we've spent long hours developing pit equipment.

Complaining, no... Expressing envy, yes...

The difference is that I know you are just kidding around.

Why talk the trash when I know that I'll be chasing Melissa and Scott at TWS. I'm no speedster at this point... Since you've changed to the new 2001's, atleast we can't be called copycats. Just cause we like the same brand of bike and tires... [​IMG]

13. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I could comment about aperture sizes, pressure balancing, valve types, and other quick dump R&D goodies, but Melissa has a clause in my rider's contract that reads simply "Just shut up." Sort of a blanket clause, as it were.

This is me, shutting up... <g>

14. melissa

melissa Sir

Yes, that's quite enough out of you Mr. Thin Line Walker. Silence! Achtung! Respect my authori-TAH!

15. backdraftmoto

There's always a loop hole in every contract. Now about that cheeseburger Friday night Scott, 'ol buddy 'ol pal... [​IMG]

16. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

For just a simple gas can with some mods that damn thing can dump some gas very fast. That's all I can say as I have made drawings from the orginal during the mx races at Daytona. [​IMG]

Just kidding guys, they wouldn't even let me touch it.

17. melissa

melissa Sir

Sir, you'll have to come with us...

18. GP Star

GP Star Active Member

I'm still wondering if the name Flying Pigs Racing is in any way an infringement on the old Swine Dudes. Oh well, what do I know. I'm just a sprint rider. How the hell did I get in this forum any way?

19. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I swear I didn't do anything, just ask... hey guys where did you go?

Do they have lube where I'm going or is it a dry county? [​IMG]

Have fun!!!!

20. backdraftmoto

Expect a full report Monday about the "Fun in the Texas Sun!"