1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question's about SV650

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeSignalRT, Jul 3, 2002.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I need to know a good starting point(the rear adjust from 1mm to 12mm) as far as ride height on the rear using the penske and how far to drop the front in the triples? I looked for other threads before I asked and I have more than 100 post so don't slam me too hard. :D

2. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

That's what practice days are for. Nobody here can tell you how you like your motorcycle. Start with it in the middle, and go lower in front if it doesn't turn. Go higher in back if it doesn't stay turned.

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I know there is not a 100% correct answer for my question, I was just looking for a starting point.
    Thanks
    Jason

4. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Try a shock length of 13 7/8", measured eye center to eye center, and 10mm of fork tube showing above the top triple.

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Thanks Rich I knew there was some hidden knowledge here :D

6. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

I did 13 7/8" and 12mm and it seemed fine. Depending upon what tires you use, YMMV. I also installed a steering damper although for me, it really is only needed for parts of the track that give obvious headshake.

7. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

Trash the vacumn fuel petcock and pump, "Muddy Waters invented lectricity".......Yeah that's a quote from Crossroads(the movie with the Karate Kid)........Anyway, that fuel delivery system cost to 4 dnf's my first weekend on the SV.

Al Goodwin

8. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

And to pass tech inspection. :)