1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding SV650 race body work

Discussion in 'General' started by trey_loco, Sep 13, 2007.

1. trey_loco

trey_loco Well-Known Member

I have a 1st gen SV650 and I need to get new bodywork.

Couple questions.

1. Sharkskinz has regular and a gsx-r style for the SV650. Anybody know the difference between the two and which one is better?

2. I've noticed that some people use a different tail than the one that was made for the bike. I believe I heard something along the lines of gsx-r 600 tail. Anybody have any experience with this and know how easy it is to make that tail fit the SV?

Thanks folks for your answers in advance.

2. trey_loco

So nobody here has any knowledge about SV body work?

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm surprised nobody has answered this.

4. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

I've seen almost any bodywork you can think of on a 1st gen SV.I had RC51 bodywork on mine.Magical little bike :up:

Any GSXR bodywork will fit.I've seen 1st gen R1 ,1st gen R6,MV Augusta,Ducati 748/916/996...... And it all goes on easily.

5. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

To the best of my knowledge, most guys that race sv's use the sv style bodywork. I haven't seen much of the gsx-r style on sv's at the track.

I actually have TLR bodywork on mine. I want the sv style but no sense until I crash and need it.

6. trey_loco

I've seen a couple people running non SV tail sections and I'd love to know what bike it's from.

7. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

Like said above, lots of people use GSXR bodywork, among everything else, including the tail sections.

8. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

9. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

That is the stock tail section design but with a hump in it.

10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I ran Aprilia RS250 bodywork on mine. It fits with minimal trimming required.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

i had 00-03 GSXR 750 bodywork on mine. It's a bit wide but works and looks good. I suggest you get the upper and lower sharkskinz SV bodywork and get a 00-03 GSXR 750 tail section

12. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

13. trey_loco