1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for parents of teenage athletes.

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thinking about this thread for a week or three now. Sat through my first parents recruiting session a few weeks back with her club and they started to go through all the things you need and need to do for all this if you want to get recruited by a top program. F@ck man, a lot to do, a lot to pay for and a lot to keep track of.

I can't really address football but in my kid's world, some additional importance has been added to some of these recruiting sites and especially individual game film. The D1 and D2 coaches are not allowed at the summer and fall tournaments, some are not holding showcases so her club is paying for the entire team's games and practices to be videoed so you have the video to submit.

She is lucky in that her club is pushing hard to get the girls recruited and playing in kollege. They hired on additional people to help in addition to the video.

getting recruited and Playing in college, even D2 or D3 is a lot of work.

2. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja on Twitter, over 200k followers) does GIFs of college & MLB pitchers throwing nasty stuff. He launched @Flatgroundapp and @Flatgroundbats to help with recruiting kids to colleges & Jucos. Basically, it's just a way to post videos of players hitting/pitching/fielding along with their stats (GPA, SATs, whatever) and get it out there for potential recruiters to see and there's no charge for it. That's for baseball, but some smaller ones have popped up for softball and there's probably more for other sports if you get into their Twitter base. Rob has definitely been getting traction in the recruiting world for connecting players and coaches.