1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for anyone at Barber Today

Discussion in 'General' started by JRA, Sep 13, 2009.

1. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Along the back of pit wall there are a lot of 60amp receptacles from one end to the other. I have seen both of these types but I think that the one in the top picture makes up the majority of them. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

they have convertors for rent

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of the power poles in the paddock have 50 and 30 amp RV plugs as well as a 110 outlet. The power along pit wall is 60 amp (your bottom picture). There are some 110 outlets on the wall too. They do rent converters that split the 60 into 3 20 amp 110 duplex's.

4. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Yes I know they do. Not trying to get around renting, just need a different set up. Thanks.

5. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Thanks Mongo. I'm very familiar with what's available there I just can't remember which outlet configuration the converters plug into. The problem is that for our track days we are pitting in the open bays under the media building and our power access are those sixty amp outlets along pit wall. We're really using more power than the 20 amp receptacles in the converter boxes (and the ones on the back side of the wall) can handle. It would work a lot better to split that 60 amp outlet into two 30 amp hook ups.

So the bottom photo is most predominant?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the bottom pic is what you need the male for. Should be easy enough to make your own converter from the 60 to a pair of 30's.

7. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Thanks a ton, that's what I needed to know!:up: