1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question/Clarification on Number Plates

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by jeffr1ey, Apr 25, 2014.

1. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

read the rules for number plates, i just want to make sure the off center front plate and tail section number plate centered is legal?

do i really need to have my number also on the lower fairings with the centered rear plate? based on what i read, the answer is yes, but just want to confirm so can address the issue now rather than scrambling at the race track.

thanks! :up:

Attached Files:

2. vinnyb123

vinnyb123 Well-Known Member

Others will chime in , however the rear will not pass. You must have numbers visible on the sides. It sucks, I have a rc8 and have to plaster numbers on my side because the tail section is flat on top. I don't think the front is legal either but Iam not 100% sure on that one.

3. vinnyb123

vinnyb123 Well-Known Member

Just checked the rule book. Here is what is stated for front number: Front numbers may be off center so long as they are still clearly readable by the corner workers and officials. So your front is legal but you must have numbers on each side. The number on the rear is ok but you must add numbers on the side.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Since I did some corner working... I would look at the bike from ~50' to see how visible the # is. Putting them on the lower so you can be identified while leaned over is a good idea (think turn 3 at Roebling ) or like your avatar

5. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Ok thanks guys. I'll get some plates made for the lower.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, basically look at it from the side - now picture it in your head leaned away from you doing highway speeds or better....