1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about gearing

Discussion in 'General' started by wera516, Jul 17, 2003.

1. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Question about gearing and safety wire

Does anyone have a idea of what gearing to run on a gsxr1000 for CMP. I am looking for alittle less agressive gearing considering it will be my first time on it. A starting point would be good though. Also does the oil cooler lines have to be safety wired on it.

Thanks for any help.
    Andrew

Last edited: Jul 17, 2003
  2. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

Anything with oil behind it should be wired.

3. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Kinda what I was thinking. But I ran out of bits (used about 15). So back to Home Depot for me I guess.

4. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

while you're there, be sure to get some WD-40 or comparable. keep the bit cool with oil while drilling, they seem to last longer. :cool:

5. mrbillydee

mrbillydee Well-Known Member

Or you can just take one of the twist caps off a drink bottle, fill it with oil and periodically dip the tip of the bit in it. That works also.

6. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Talk to Critter when he gets back from Grattan as he's run his 1000 at CMP a couple of times now.

You gonna be there for the Friday Bargy day?

7. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Yes Friday and Sunday but no saturday. Can't wait to ride the new scooter. Tom call me I have a question for you about Bargy's class. I want to see If I could be a instructor just so I can ride the bike more. 704-607-6407