1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about first trackday

Discussion in 'General' started by fzgixxerman, Dec 23, 2007.

1. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

First would to said I have drag race and build car for a long time. I'm just getting back motorcycle after 15 years. And been riding bike for 4 years now and going to a trackday/class soon. I have a question about tires I going to run my street tires first time or two and if I going alot I will get tire warmer and track tires. But will my corsa III be good for 2 day at the track. Tires have 90% tread. Or do I need to bring tires or rear tire. I know everyone difference on tires but any help would be nice. Oh the bike is my 07 gsxr 1000 here is pics. I have read up on all the things I need to pass tech. If anything you guys would do difference let me know. Thanks for again. k7 newest pics 003.jpg

k7 newest pics 006.jpg

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Heck ya! Those are good track tires and give em a lap or two to heat up and you will be peachy.

Welcome back!!!

BTW - There is a specific forum for track days and related questions here on the WERA BBS.

3. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Welcome to the BBS. <grabs popcorn>

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What counry you from?:Poke:

5. pcb122

pcb122 Well-Known Member

plenty good for a first trackday! or your 10th...

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

nice looking bike and sweet wheels.. what stt guy said is the straight skinny, you will be fine. Welcome back to the track & the madness of the BBS:beer:

what's the deal with that exhaust?? i thought they had dual's:confused:

7. fzgixxerman

The 07 1000 did come with dual but I wanted to light it up and I like the look and sound of the Taylor made exhaust.

8. fzgixxerman

I'm sorry about post up in the wrong place I will do better next time. I have search about something I want to do on this forum to my bike next. You guys have a lot of info here. thanks.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

looks factory:up: