1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About a STripR Tranny

Discussion in 'General' started by Chango, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

TL;DR - Do rearsets for 2019-2022 Street Triples fit 2024 Street Triples? I want GP shift.

So I acquired a 2024 Triumph Street Triple R a couple of weeks ago, which my 12-year-old son immediately called The Praying Mantis but my inner 12-year-old calls my STripR for obvious childish reasons.

It is, in almost all regards, an absolutely fantastic middleweight street bike with enough of the power of my 06 750 track bike without the track bike focused ergos. It is exactly what I've been looking for in a street bike. Except...

In order to fix the shifter so it works the right way I need aftermarket rearsets. There are very few rearsets for the 2024 that aren't Chitanium. Does anyone on the all-knowing Beeb know whether previous generation Street Triple rearsets fit?

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

To each their own I guess… I have no interest in, or answers about Stripper Trannies but you do you man… no judgement here:D

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Glad I'm not the only one who extrapolated that exact same thing from the thread title.

4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

It's not so long ago that a thread title like this one would have blown up in a few hour's time...

27 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's true. I wonder if the beeb is now suffering from the general malaise the US auto industry was going through in the 70's-80's lol.

Remember when the Durrani (RIP) lightweight magnesium flush toilet racing wheel thread took off like a Space-X rocket launch?

27, Once a Wanker.. and stk0308 like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pics or BS!

7. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I mean. I was always told as long as the balls don't touch it wasn't gay. I now live in the Capitol of trannies
    but have yet to talk to one. And don't even get me started on San Francisco. Been through there about 10 times
    now in 2 yrs and not one float, or parade. No menz giving each other penis mouth hugs..Fkn TV lied to me!!

I forgot. I did see "something" in the emergency room a week ago, and it wanted to be referred to Icarusuhcorn,
    or some silly shit the receptionist couldn't pronounce. Its cat had bit it, so it had to get stitches. But i digress..
    OH!!! and the local Taco Bell has something in the drive thru with makeup, and what looks like a mop on its head.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

27 likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think the real question you should be asking is do Daytona rearsets fit, and I believe the answer for 2020+ bikes is “yes” (but you should confirm that with someone more knowledgeable).

FWIW, my Street Triple R is the only bike I regret selling, ever.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

He was obviously trying to summon the only person with extensive knowledge of both... @Robby-Bobby :D:D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I'm all but certain everything Daytona/Street Triple from 2013 onward is a direct bolt on. Hell for that matter I think the only difference in the 2006-2012 stuff is an exhaust hanger/bushing that the later stuff has due to side exit exhausts that the early bikes didn't have.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I believe your thinking of the 675 based bikes. He's talking about the 765 based bikes. I haven't paid close attention, but I'm betting many things do not cross between the 2 different motored bikes.

13. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

They're almost completely the same in most aspects aside from electronics. The chassis is essentially the same, the engine and gearbox cases hard mounting points are the same. Rearsets should fit across all years. Like I said, the only difference is the exhaust mounting hanger on the RH footrest on the bikes with low mount pipes.

14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Oh wow. That's even better than I had hoped for. Thanks!

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

And for the rest of you filthy gutter-dwellers, that's why I post here: for the filth.

16. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Fine, you disgusting pervert:
    [​IMG]

27 and pickled egg like this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This thread disappoints.

cbush and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

As a long time Triumph rider I've developed trust issues that Triumph would be that consistent without some kind of maddening tweek they don't tell you about, making simple parts juuuuuust different enough. lol

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s what having expectations gets ya

Once a Wanker.. and cav115 like this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm going to be 70 in July, you'd think I'd
    have learned by now.

Banditracer and Once a Wanker.. like this.