1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quantum Fuel pumps

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Mechdziner714, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Anyone have any luck using a Quantum fuel pump? A buddy is on the 2nd one, both will not pump enough fuel to get over ~4K RPM on his 07 GSXR1K. It will idle fine but once you rev it, it dies. We put a known good tank w/ OEM pump on and it runs great. Are we doing something wrong, or are their pumps junk? The OEM unit cost 400$, the Quantum unit was under 100$.

2. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Hmmm, an e-Bay thing for 1/4 the price that doesn't work well. :eek: Shocked?

What is your fuel pressure? I have more than one bike come in where I found the wrong regulators (10 psi under) in the assembly.

3. rymerc

rymerc Well-Known Member

I've run quantum pumps on 2 gsxrs and both seemed to be fine running up to maximum speed/rpm.

Although one is maybe slightly slower than it should be.

4. Mechdziner714

5. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Check the regulator as Cooter suggested. I've heard of other having issue with that.

6. 2k12r

2k12r Inner-Circle Racing

high pressure fuel filter is probably plugged. [​IMG]

racepro171 likes this.
  7. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

High pressure filter, toss it in an ultrasonic cleaner, along with your injectors and back flow it a few times

8. laz749

laz749 Active Member

I have had two with no luck. Bought the cheapest one on Amazon and has worked great for 7 years.

9. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

10. Mechdziner714

Where is that? Part of the pump? or somewhere else?

11. 2k12r

2k12r Inner-Circle Racing

In your tank. pump slides into the bottom of it. it has an internal filter for high pressure side of the pump. notorious for getting plugged and causing high rpm starvation of fuel. some people back flush them but i found replacement units on Amazon for $27 vs the oem cost of $300 , its a suzuki hayabusa replacement that should work on your application also.

racepro171 likes this.