1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qualifying???

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by yeddy, Sep 7, 2008.

1. yeddy

yeddy Well-Known Member

I am from canada and was just wondering how a wera race works For gridding? Is it like ccs were your gridded on reg. and points? Or is there timed qualifying sessions?

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

sprints by points then registration. solo20s by registration.

at the nationals its the same except EXPERTS have to qualify for position in 600 superstock and open superstock.

3. vance

vance *

I apologize for the dumb-ness of my questions in advance, but my first race will be in two weeks at Nashville. I have some very basic questions that I'm having trouble finding answers to in the rule book.
    If anybody would be willing to help out the noob, I would greatly appreciate it.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

What ya need?

5. vance

vance *

Alright!!!!!
    You sure 'bout this?
    OK, I have seen the schedule for Sat and Sun at Nashville in two weeks.
    1.) practice sessions broken up (6 or 7) groups, lasting a total of about 2 1/2 hours. Is that one session each, or multiple sessions, do you pay for each session, or "practice session" is the whole morning (one payment)?
    2.)Are the Solo races 20 or 10 laps? The Sun schedule says 20 lap, the Sat Schedule says 10 laps.
    3.) are all the races listed 20 laps? None of them specify "sprint" How long are the sprint races?

Plenty more, but that's a good start.
    Thanks

6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Saturday practice 7 groups plus WERA rider school, they will probably try for 2 sessions, pay entry for a race includes practice on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday practice is 6 groups, they will try for 2 sessions per group
    Solo 20's are on Saturday and they are usually 20 laps, the sprint races on Sunday are 10 laps

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  7. vance

vance *

Thanks.
    I've lurked enough on the forum to know not to ask tech questions about classes and mods, I'll just RTFRB. :)
    So did I waste $375 by signing up for the Ed Bargy school on Fri when I could have taken the Sat morning course through WERA for $75?
    I know it's not a waste and the full day of track and classes will be a great learning experience, so nevermind.....I just answered it.
    Reason being, two of my buddie have not signed up yet for the EB school.
    But I don't think you can practice on Fri evening unless you're already a racer or in the school.
    I think a full Friday on the track is worth the extra $....I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

IMO the Ed Bargy school is the best you can take. He will be the race director that weekend. He has designed race tracks, designed track remodels, and advised tracks on safety all over the US and a few places in the world. I think it will be money well spent. You are correct, Friday practice will be for licensed racers or those in the class. IIRC, for Ed's school, students get about 2 hours total on the track.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Fuzzy beat me on the other but you did not waste your money on Ed's friday school. That man has a ton of knowledge, take a notebook and jot some down, tell your 2 buddies to get signed up. Im going to take a refresher class next season, since im on a diff bike now and coming back from a 2 year layoff.

10. vance

vance *

OK, one more question.
    Here is the schedule from Nashville 9/28.
    I'm riding an R1, so I assume these are the races I will be able to enter.
    What is the difference, if any, between race #8 and #11?
    It's my understanding that "A" = Heavyweight, "B" = Middleweight, "C" = Lightweight. Is that correct?
    am I correct in assuming I can run in race # 11?

3) Formula 1 Expert & Novice
    8) A Superbike Expert & Novice
    10) A Superstock Ex & Nv
    11) HWT SB Ex & Nv, V6 HW, V7MW