1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QS wiring for Yosh ECU

Discussion in 'Tech' started by piper907, Nov 28, 2007.

1. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

I am looking to get in touch with someone who has experience (and wants to share) with wiring a quickshifter and map switch to a K6-600 with a yosh ECU. I've read that the Yosh kit is set up to use the horn switch for kill function and the hazard switch for map1/map2... Is this ONLY with the kit wire harness? or can I use the stock harness and modify it to use these functions with a standard switch and quickshifter?
    ... someone please take a minute to fill me in:)
    It would be MUCH appreciated!:up:

2. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

call me crazy but I bet yosh would tell you if you call them

3. joe846

joe846 sleep weiner, sleep

as far as I know from talking to the guys who've run it you can modify it to use the horn. I'm under the impression the kit harness has a greater chance of burning something up since it doesn't have a fuse box (I haven't actually looked at the newer kit harness, so you've got me), so people are sticking with the OEM harness and wiring it up.

Check with Yoshimura or find someone locally who runs the EM Pro.

4. piper907

thanks for the input Joe. :)

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The shifter and pit lane speed limiter can be utilized with a stock harness, you have to run your own wires to connect to the ECU. The map1/2 switch requires the kit harness. The Yosh shifter, using the sidestand switch, works flawlessly if you install it correctly, at least on the 1000.

6. piper907

Thanks RM,
    I haven't seen the yosh shifter installed on a bike yet but I will look into it for sure! maybe I will go that route. I also need to do some research on the Yosh Eprom. I have heard about it but can't find any real info. Maybe if I can get in touch with a tech at Yosh one of these days I can sort some of this stuff out.
    I was just planning on wiring a QS sensor into the harness but I am not sure what type of signal the Yosh ECU is looking for and where it needs to go on the harness(or ECU). I believe most quickshifter units supply a (-) output signal on the third wire but I want to make sure that this is also the case with the Yosh ECU. Then I just need to know where to hook it up on the harness! should be simple enough, with a little bit of info :)
    CHEERS!

7. piper907

so... where do I connect the wire from the shifter???

8. piper907

someone fill me in here... I have been trying to get ahold of someone at Yosh that can fill me in... for two weeks... to no avail.
    The mapswitch would be nice, but not worth the price of the kit harness and since I cant find any information on this harness exept for what is on the Yosh website (and I like the security of a fusebox) I am going to have to hold off on that purchase for now.
    Does someone have the wiring diagram for the Kit harness??? I believe I could answer most all my questions with that.

Really, all I want to do is wire a quickshifter into my stock harness, using the Yosh EmPro. please help.

9. joe846

joe846 sleep weiner, sleep

I don't know if you'll get a response, but you could try Grant Matsushima as I know he runs the EM Pro's and I'm fairly sure he doesn't always run the kit harness.

10. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

Mark Junge = Vasrah

Call Mark Junge at Vesrah and or email him he should be able to tell you plus he should have some in stock , he's probibly building all the 08 gsxrs right now if he not in Japan ..Just a suggestion..

11. piper907

Thanks guys. I have already tried to get ahold of Mark but it is worth another shot. I'll give Grant a call today.

12. TLRboy

TLRboy Member

Piper907,

Do you have the information? I want to do the same for the GSXR1000 yoshi ECU.... i also cannot get hold of that information on the net....

TX

13. piper907

seems that this info is not given out to "joe racer"... It's a big secret!!! good luck and PLEASE let me know if you find anything out:) Cheers.

14. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

TLRboy and Piper907, as I understand it you want to run the Yosh. EM pro with the standard wiring harness and use the inbuilt quickshifter function, and 2 map switch. Correct?

TLRboy, what model 1000?

Piper907, can you wait until the weekend?

I have not yet found a way to run the 2 map setting with the standard harness.

15. piper907

Yea... time is on my side right now:)
    I am also removing the key on this bike and would like to know if the Yosh ECU needs to see "resisted" voltage like the stocker does.
    OH... and I have verified that the clutch switch is not needed with Yosh ECU.

...swap out one little ECU and its a WHOLE new ball game.:rolleyes:

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have nothing to add but somebody is going straight up superbike I see. :up:

17. piper907

not at this rate I'm not...:rolleyes:

18. TLRboy

TLRboy Member

23k5 MY bike is a K6 1000. I already understand the wiring, i'm builing my own kit harness with a stock one. Rewiring all of it. Just need to know how pitlane and quickshifter is working on the EMpro.

Does somebody here also have the code from the EMpro software.. Just the key to install it. Its on the cd package, it wasn't on mine..

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  19. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

think this is the link you need

:D

20. TLRboy

TLRboy Member

Thanks let us see how you're doing in Dutch...:)

I don't need a school course only Yoshi information.