1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qatar vs Austin tracks, how to handle excessive water

Discussion in 'General' started by Lazy Destroyer, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Saw this posted on the book of faces, with the recent events at Qatar... it was funny to me to see this especially knowing it's Texas.
    Recent rains in Austin had tons of water on the COTA track, and caused their grandstand canopies to collect water and sag.
    So they dealt with it the way any Texan would... shoot a handgun at the tarp to make drain holes LOL

So if you have a seat near the start/finish, and get peed on during any rain, you can blame their security on that

austin.JPG austin2.JPG

5axis likes this.
  2. Lazy Destroyer

Acceptable procedure for pit canopies at the next rained-out WERA races?
    For the ones in the south, I mean ;)

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, they'll have the company that built them come replace them before the next event - but that is cool :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Screwdrivers only.

5. Lazy Destroyer

Noted !
    LOL

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Haha that is awesome lol.

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

How close is that place to other structures? They're just lobbing rounds into the sky like that? That seems fucked up.

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Not just Texas. I remember when we had an addition built at our Cadillac dealership, the insulation was installed on the ceiling before the roof was complete. Water that gathered in the plastic covering was drained through holes made with a BB rifle.

9. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

I agree, I think firing a pistol into the flooded graveltraps at Qatar would have sped up the drainage process.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You crazy?

Ain't you ever seen the opening to the Beverly Hillbillies?