1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulling 250 ninja carbs

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Banditracer, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2011 Best way to pull them ? Looks like taking the airbox out and pulling them from the rear is the only way ? I usually can pull them from the side but doesn't look like that's doable on this. Never pulled a set on one of these before. Any tricks to know about ?

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Take out battery and battery box
    Remove screws holding airbox - I think there are one or two sorta hidden behind where the pax footpeg brackets would attach to the frame. There is one on lower left side above the front sprocket and another on top rt side of airbox.
    Remove left side fairing mount
    Undo carb boot clamps at engine. Pull carbs off of engine - the airbox should move backwards pretty easily
    Now pull carbs from airbox

Its not too bad.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Thanks, not going to get back to it till this afternoon or tomorrow.

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I was wrenching on mine yesterday. The screws by the pax footpeg brackets dont actually attach to the airbox - they hold the rear mudflap fender in place - but they stick out enough that they get in the way when you pull the airbox backwards. You'll see what im talkin about.