1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSR / CopyCat Machine & Engineering Co.

Discussion in 'General' started by Britt, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Why not?

Given their readily apparent and continuing record of design theft, I would fully support any organization that did just that.

Perhaps the way to hurt them most is to publically chastize PSR, ban their products from events, and call out anyone who supports them. When they're at a dealer show, have someone stand next to their booth with a sign saying 'PSR = Chinese for "Scumbag Thieves Racing" '

Nothing else seems to be preventing them from continuing to steal.

2. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

This is really big in the wheel industry. At the SEMA show most wheel companies host private "roll" outs of new wheel designs so the new designs can't have photos taken, emailed to China and show up for sale the next week on various "discount" websites.

Todd

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Tucker Rocky \ Western Power Sports \ PartsUnlimited....ALL.

According to the psr ad.

4. codzilla

codzilla Well-Known Member

Back in 2001 I dealt with a Charlie @ parts411.com. They were big on powerstands and now they list a lot of PSR products. I wonder if the Mr. Charlie Hon mentioned in RRW is the same guy from parts411?

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Only one missing is Lockhart Phillips

6. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

Isn't PSR and Parts411 the same?

Call PSR, they'll answer Parts 411, um... er... PSR...

I've used their warmers... only because I've been on their support program since 06... and sent most of them back failed... they are however really good about returns and customer service. So, I've had new ones about every 6 months.

The stands absolutely suck, they could have copied better. Don't know about the rest of the stuff, I usually stick with brand name.

Next time around, I'm on Woodcraft's Tire Bakers. :up:

As for the copied stuff... isn't that what Chinese companies do? :rolleyes:

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Pretty much.... If I was a American company at Indy and an Asian guy walked into my booth with a camera or cell phone and started taking pics I'd be tempted to just kick the sh#t out of him for GP.

8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I could use an Indy pass, and in this economy am willing to work cheap....

9. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

We need some good american enginuity in this field.

I've had plenty of ideas for things... just machine shop fees totally negate them.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

You mean there are peeps out there who don't? What kind of weird individuals are these freaks? :D

11. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Yes Part 411 is Power Stands.

They painted a Pit Bull Tire Tree for a photo used to advertise their copy of Pit Bulls Tire Tree.

They copy the CRG roll a click levers and call them click and roll levers.

They totally copy the GPR damper. etc...

I was in CVS tonight and saw a copy of the front man for PSR Racing. They creatively named this copy "Massengill Disposable Douche with Extra Mild Vinegar and Water, 6 oz."

12. gillianthree

gillianthree Well-Known Member

Is all this crap being imported from China or another LCC? We should start a post outlining what companies produce product here in the US and support our sport. Actually, I was surprised the first time I saw a PSR ad in RRW with their Pit Bull knock-offs. I thought this won't last long, meaning RRW would stop letting them advertise especially since Pit-Bull was the original. I guess that's another reason I scrapped my subscription

13. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

To be fair, RRW published the article that brought this to everyone's attention despite the offender being an advertiser in their magazine. Kudos for that.

14. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

15. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Daviid - You forgot the folding/non-folding mirror, which are copies of the CRG mirrors as well.

16. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

added the folding mirrors. couldnt find any decent photos of the non folding

17. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I wonder if PSR will be at the Tucker Rocky BFD this weekend?

18. Coke in can

Coke in can Banned

LoL. Americans complaining about their own capitolism. This is like you guys that complain about walmart. the problem isn't the companies doing this, it's the people supporting them. If there wasn't a market for copies of these items, then no one would copy them.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

seems like you should add that every new design you make you also put your reputation of a good product on the line, where the thief has it pretested by you. Sorry that these scum are hurting you :down:

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There's always a market for knockoffs... Rolex or Powerstands. It's not just America.