1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proud Poppa Moment!!!!! NJMiniGP endurance

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by StaccatoFan, Jul 29, 2018.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

This is my son’s first year of MiniGP Racing.

He finished last in his first race in April and 10th of 14 in his second sprint in May.

We did the MiniGP camp for the second time Fathers Day weekend.

Yesterday was his second sprint race and he finished 7th!! There were 18 riders in his Spec 50 race. I was over the moon for him.

They have endurance races on Sundays. 60 minutes for Spec 50 and Spec 110. He partnered with a 13 year old for the spec 50, and that meant the older kid could only hold position during his shifts. All the work was on my son, Alex to do the business. LeMans start. Alex rides first.

Alex accidentally hits the kill switch so he is a half a lap down by the time he gets going. He rides his ass off into a battle for 3rd, loses it in lap traffic. Again has a third of a lap to recover and does it and retakes 3rd on his last lap of the first shift.

His partner and he then run solid laps to take 3rd.

His first trophy!!!!!

I’m so damned proud of him!!!!

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Nice work. Post up some pics of Alex on the podium or racing, when you get time.

3. StaccatoFan

Thanks.

We are doing a MiniGP track day tomorrow but I will when I get home tomorrow night.

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hey D-Zum, do you guys do any of the flatrack at timonium?

5. StaccatoFan

No, we haven't....but I may have to do some research and check it out...even just to go watch and check it out.

Photos as requested. He's the one in the Iron Man helmet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

britx303 and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Awesome!!! Some of the best times we ever had racing were running minis and camping at the track for the weekend.

britx303 likes this.
  7. britx303

8. britx303

Timonium's really a cool time. We dont do the outdoor anymore though. My daughter prefers racing the indoor events in December. Im happy to help out in any way if you guys decide to go and need anything.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. StaccatoFan

Thank you!

10. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

That little kid was the energizer bunny. Was great watching him ride