1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proud and Sad

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dutch, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Some of you familiar with the Philly area know that the King of Prussia turnpike tollbooth can be a bit interesting in the morning. Commuter traffic comging from points west as well as NJ all funnel through that place on their way to Philly. It can get interesting at times as people without EZPass try and figure out which toll booth they should go to (never mind the huge signs above each one expressly telling you.) So this morning I exit the turnpike and as I approach the tollbooths there is a gaggle of Harley riders (mind you it was 14 this morning) scattering like cock roaches when the lights come on all looking for the appropriate toll booths. As I got closer I realized they all had masts affixed to the back of their bikes with furled US flags - full size. They also had chase cars. When I pulled up alongside one of the chase cars they had an insignia on the door with the words "Patriot Riders Support Vehicle." I gave them all big honks and waves as I passed through the toll booths. I was proud to see these two wheeled ambassadors representing our country and defending the dignity of our fallen soldiers and their families as they are laid to rest.

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I know my "Support the Troops" magnets give you warm and fuzzies too.

3. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Only because they are right next to your "Gay Friendly" rainbow magnet. :D

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:crackup:

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

They've come a long way from their original incarnation as the Neo Brown Shirts. More power to `em.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I agree and very well said, Dutch.