1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protect and serve. And beat the hell out of people?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It will start like this, " Well you just don't understand and we need to get all the facts first... " :rolleyes:

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i can't wait until us younger guys are of the age where you can sell the job of being a cop to kids in school on one of those career day visits as "its really not that dangerous at all". cause i mean... if you're always the one pulling the trigger first and getting the jump on the other guy, i'd be feeling pretty safe about it personally.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The dash cam takes some of the speculation out of the narrative.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

When I watched the video my first reaction was the driver was going for a weapon. The fact the officer failed to identify a weapon and fire before said identification makes him in the wrong.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Number of deaths per 100,000 employed:

1. Logging workers: 127.8
    2. Fishermen: 117.0
    3. Aircraft pilots: 53.4
    4. Roofers: 40.5
    5. Garbage collectors: 36.8
    6. Electrical power line installation/repair: 29.8
    7. Truck drivers: 22.8
    8. Oil and gas extraction: 21.9
    9. Farmers and ranchers: 21.3
    10. Construction workers: 17.4
    Police 11.1 per 100,000

6. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Actually.....if the part about Groubert being charged with aggravated assault and battery is true, then it's not being handled correctly. It's being handled in the way that presents the agency's top guy with the least amount of professional risk. He's not interested in justice right now. He's interested in only one thing.....covering his own ass. Who knows? That might cost him his job and get him his own criminal charge, later on.

.....but back to Groubert. Despite the initial charge against him, it's very unlikely he'll be prosecuted for aggravated assault and battery. The facts offered by the video and an interesting statement made by his own boss suggest it was a reckless, or negligence-based, shooting, not a malice-based one. If he is prosecuted for aggravated assault and battery and nothing else is put on the table, then he'll probably be fully acquitted.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I've been wondering where the rest of those rounds went... In a crowded gas station...

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Apples to oranges. None of those careers (1-10) have people willfully trying to kill them for whatever reason and are more related to workplace safety/training, equipment defect, and/or their own negligence . Or for that matter, jobs (1-10) don't have keyboard quarterbacks posting FTP comments consistently on a club racing racing forum....just sayin.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

FT 1-10

That better?

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And the ex-trooper's attorney says the suspect "aggressively reached for his license."

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good thing he didn't clench his butt cheeks.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

I would not mind a little bit of death penalty for him and his client. Kill them juuuuust a little dead. Nothing too harsh.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And yet, even with that low death rate, most of those deaths are also accidents.
    So how large is the threat, really? Civilians have people willfully and successfully trying to kill them also, and many of them aren't carrying guns.

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

but but bro... its "us" versus "them" out here in these crazy streets...

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, considering that it turned out as it did, you certainly cannot argue with the reasoning about the victim explaining where his license was and how he was going to get it. If, if, if. If a frog had wings, and all that stuff.

Just another case of both parties doing something dumb. The cop is still wrong though. He apparently is to tightly strung and needs to be in another profession. (Maybe the music industry.) :)

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm curious as all hell. What the heck is a donkeypig? :)

Is that code speak for a cop that's a member of the Democratic party?:)

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I was watching the video and thinking that very same thing. He was firing toward the store and only hit the victim once. Where the hell did all those other rounds go? Maybe we haven't heard the last on this story.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Shish-boom!

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

300+ lb democratic woman

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, while it certainly seems that way with all these cop shooting stories coming out lately, I will have to say that being a cop is a hell of a lot more dangerous than those career day bullshitters imply. I've heard too many stories from my son-in-law and nephew and his wife to think that it's a piece of cake job. All three are either state police or city police. (New Mexico and city of Austin) Weird shit happens to cops on occasion. :)