1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Props to Scott Russell

Discussion in 'General' started by 178SV, Jun 1, 2010.

1. lennyzrx

lennyzrx Well-Known Member

Agree 100%:beer:

2. bloodso

bloodso Well-Known Member

Scott has a long way to go. I mute him as much now as ever. He must have said "right" 100 times on one of the last AMA broadcasts.

3. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

I agree, I used to not really like his accent, I couldn't under stand him.

Now I fully understand him plus he knows a lot of the behind the scenes stuff.

He has def grown on me.

4. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

casting one vote for greg white and scott russell.

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

That was Stickboy.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't think Stick is quite that old, but good guess.:D

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I try. :D

8. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I like Scott,always have.

At least he doesn't say the word "key" 1400 hunderd times in 1 hour,talk about when he won 2 world titiles the same year or close up a riding school and steal peoples money.

9. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

The few times Pridmore has been in the booth I've been impressed with his work. I think he'd make a great play by play guy next to Russell.

10. :up: I felt like I learned something even when he was talking about something I was familiar with. Excellent communicator.

11. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

There was a dude

who might just be the cowboy boot wearing rider of a very beat FZ600.
    He was from Georgia, Chamblee as I recall, and was also verrrrrrrrry country.
    Dudeman was also tall, and had a drawl - old school GA type.
    His bike was very used looking, funny when you figure it was just a year old, and it smoked heavily.
    This guy took a win over me and Eisenacher one summer day at Roebling, and me and Billy knew he did it on nuthin' but a good old can of Georgia Whoop Ass.
    Billy (especially) being from California, and me a transplanted Yankee from Long Island couldn't bring ourselves to quite accept that we got our asses handed to us by this yokel, riding such a pile.
    That guys name is Ken Pruitt.
    I've not seen or heard of him since that year, and Billy went on to win about every Yamaha $ race ever held at a track in the Southeast for the next 2 years. On 2 different bikes.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  12. word on the street is that greg white and Jason pridmore will be announcing at road America with michael barnes doing pit road reporting. Should be a good mix.

13. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Not so much.

14. VFRCapt.Bob

VFRCapt.Bob Active Member

Color commentary by Scott Russell. I remember when he was supposed to race a Hardley at Laguna Seca at WSBK and didn't race because he ran his mouth to someone the night before and got punched in the eye hard enough to do some damage. I never heard the details of that conversation but always imagined him talking smack about what a POS the Harley was to some big biker dude then BAM!

I like how he talks about the courses as if he was just out there the day before competing for pole. He definately knows what he's talking about.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

While Pridmore and Russell together would be interesting, they serve the same purpose. They're the experienced racer that fits alongside the color commentary guy. I think Pridmore is doing a great job this weekend. He's a lot like Steve Martin at WSBK: very cool and collected and able to accurately transmit exactly what is going on. One thing I liked a lot was his insight into the riders personalities. In AMA he knows a lot of those guys and is able to talk about how their personalities are being reflected in their riding styles and how that might play out in the race.

Not bashing on Russell because he seems like a cool cat, but Pridmore just brings a much more professional demeanor to the broadcast.

Now if they could get a REALLY good color guy into the booth we'd be set. Maybe they could bring somebody like Adam Corolla in? There's got to be somebody with some flash that knows enough about the bikes that could work. Kind of like when Jimmy Kimmel did Monday Night Football.

16. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

+1 for Pridmore.

17. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I agree, Pridmore and Russell would be good.... Greg White should stick to the pit lane.... he's fine as a segment reporter, but he can't call the whole race.

That being said, he may have been asked to call the Road America race at the last minute and been thrown into the deep end a little bit.... it would be a bit daunting if you've never done it before.

t

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

He's done it before, he's even done MotoGP on a major network and sucked balls just as much as he did this weekend. My question is, who the hell keeps making the decision to put him on the air?

Speaking of White, did anyone notice that not only did he use the word motorcycle 629 times in one race, but he also used three phrases that the WSBK guy uses all the time that you have probably never heard in this country. He was clearly trying to sound professional and yet came off completely odd because the only place you would ever hear it is from that wierd British announcer. It's better than his MotoGP attempts when he would just shout the full names of the riders in order, but still really awful.

Oh and Scott Russell is terrible too, hope they keep Pridmore.

19. GSmann

GSmann Well-Known Member

Pridmore good...White bad.

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I don't mind GW too much-he is truly excited by the racing but he says 'side by side' about 47 million more times than necessary. Pridmore rules-he should have the full time gig. Barney was just funny seeing him in that position-for sure he was nervous but I don't think this will be a regular gig for him.