1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project LW Entry for TT Isle of Man

Discussion in 'General' started by Olympus Racing, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Did you get your steering damper installed to pass tech?

2. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

If you happen to meet 'Irish Ago' Murphy or 'Cargo' Carr, I say hi. They have lots of local connections if needed.

You should record the ManxRadio broadcast stream of your races if you have a way. I had a friend do it for me. It was really cool to know what the announcers were saying about me during the race.

3. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

Practice Day 1 cancelled due to weather. Nonstop rain and endless fog. Bummer.
    Hoping it opens up by Monday.

4. Olympus Racing

Very good friends with Ago. He's a great guy.
    I'll tell him when I see him next.

5. Olympus Racing

Yes damper situation sorted out

6. Olympus Racing

Not the greatest update but at least I am alive and able to type it myself.
    I went down at May Hill at a good rate of speed. My understanding is that I added bar input at the bumps and washed out the front. Hit the ground hard on my ride side and I slid a lot, hit the curb (big curb) with my left should and back and then went under the protective fence.
    As a result: dislocated left shoulder, 5 broken ribs, part of left lung collapsed, broke right shoulder, 8 stitches on the chin from my helmets chin strap, a very bruised left knee (they don't understand why I didn't break it) and an even more bruises heel.
    Nothing too scary and unfortunately nothing I haven't done to myself before (broke those exact ribs 12 years ago, dislocated that shoulder 3 times and have the exact stitches on the same on my chin).
    Unfortunately they will not give me clearance to race. Needless to say I'm devistated. I have no idea what the bike looks like.
    I apologize to all of you for letting you down, this wasn't supposed to go like this. Given the spot where it happened I'm happy to be alive, but I could really do without it.
    I am probably getting released from the hospital later today.

7. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Damn man, sorry to hear. That's a tricky spot. I got rear-ended by someone right there during one of my races. Looks like it was one of his levers that sliced through the tail section. I stayed up and kept racing, but he crashed.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You haven't let us down, we still got to live through this adventure with you. Sorry to hear this, but glad you are able to come on here and tell us.

How is Alan Cunningham doing on the track?

BigBird and Olympus Racing like this.
  9. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

DAMMMMMMM SAV>>>>>>>>>>>>Sorry Bro

Olympus Racing likes this.
  10. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

So glad you are around to tell the tale! You're still a hero.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're alive. Have a beer, heal up, try again but next time remember you're on a damn street and slow it down a touch!

12. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Sav. You haven't let anyone down so don't worry about that in the least! Heal up bud and don't let this keep you down. After all, you did actually make it there and were running on course. Huge achievement and you'll be back! Take care bud!

13. caferace

caferace No.

Great to hear you're OK, Sav. Did you get a full lap in? You may want to write down everything about what you did get in, and especially what led up to and caused the crash, in detail.

Now however, you get to enjoy it from another angle. Stay, be Present. Focus, help where you're physically able and revel in it.

-jim

14. Olympus Racing

I did get a full lap in. We noticed the suspension was way too stiff. I was getting about half the fork travel used. May Hill is insanely bumpy. It felt like bump bump wash. Experienced rider was behind me he told my coach my line was good my speed was good it just seemed like the front went :(

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stiff will do that over bumps. Can't use a real race setting there from everything I've heard.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yikes man! I know you're disappointed but I'm glad you're going to recover. On the bright side now you can dedicate more time to taking pics for us. :D

17. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Wow. Glad you are relatively "ok". You did more than most ever will with regards to racing and chasing the dream. You are da man.!

18. Olympus Racing

So Gino to make me feel better brought me this book and they all went out to party -_-
    [​IMG]

19. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

HAAAAAA. Now that's pretty good right there./.......

Banditracer and Olympus Racing like this.
  20. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

That's great lol! :rtfrb::crackup::beer:

Banditracer and Olympus Racing like this.