1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Race Suits & Built in Back Protectors?

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Jul 8, 2014.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I noticed when watching WSBK behind the scene videos, that I never see the racers put back protectors on/in, but on the grid you can see the impression of the back protector.

Do anyone know if they have the BP built into the suit? I normally see them stuff the chest protector in and that's it. I assumed maybe they have them stitched in place...

I say this because I have a time wrestling with my back protector when it's time to suit up. I'm planing on getting a custom suit made and toying with the idea to get a back proctor built in...

2. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Many of the better suits have a built in pocket for a back protector and include their own, although others will fit.
    Vanson comes to mind.

3. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I would like to see more comments on this thread as I will be buying a new suit soon myself .

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I know Syed will put a back protector in your suit if you wish.

Find out whatever Bautista's wearing.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Have a pocket built in or snaps but make sure you can remove the BP. They have a finite life and you want to be able to inspect it and possibly replace it.

6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

My astars suit has a snap at the top to snap to an astars back protector. I only do that for storage though, I prefer to have them unsnapped when I ride.

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My AXO suit has a pocket for a back protector.

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've never used the pocket ones. I have a t-pro chest and back. Never had a problem getting it on, assuming you aren't trying to feed it in with your arms already in the sleeves.

9. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Syed now has the built in ones standard. When I ordered mine I didnt want a built in just their one that straps on. From the time I sent my order in to the time they started working on it they changed some options to std. Its not bad, but really makes it hard to just roll the top half down and walk around without using a bungee cord as a belt.

10. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

velcro

we see a lot velcroed in. we velcroed ours in also and retrofitted manyothers to all brands of suits. about any competent shop can do it. all the best. bill and darethea

11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

The Hein Gericke suit I have has it built in, and it seems to be a good one. Bought years ago from STG. And it is removable. Slips into a pocket.

12. backcountryme

Forget the bungee, get a Pit Strap.

[​IMG]

I love mine.

13. My suits have a place where you can snap the BP into the suit and leave it in there all the time. But i wear an aftermarket Knox BP. I like the Knox stuff better and it has good JuJu.

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

they do work well, and a cheap price

15. backcountryme

And the dude that did that Heavy E logo does some ok work too.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hehe pit straps. I saw those and wondered why I didn't think of putting a label on some nylon webbing and reselling them. :mad:

17. backcountryme

Dude, they are the shit. Order one. He might even make one with the crapzuki logo for you.

18. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I was fidgeting with my back protector either too far down, high or to the left and right...
    was getting tired of the off centered feel...

so was looking at option..either get a suit made and have something designed to fit a BP...or off the shelf suit with something made to fit...I never see WSBK/Moto GP guys strapping back protectors in, or signs of the straps on the shoulders when the camera man is in the pits or they are on the grid waiting with suit unzipped.

19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

You mean this? I hope you're prepared for that look in 2015.

[​IMG]

20. RED675

RED675 Well-Known Member

A lot of GP guys wear http://www.impactarmor.com this. Just has a waist strap and custom fit. There are also some WERA and other org. riders wearing it as well.