1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro atheletes on Drugs

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Jul 2, 2017.

1. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sad, but not surprising.

Humans give themselves performance enhancing drugs, so they'll certainly give them to animals...

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Pcp prob be a better choice

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Does that make her a drug sniffing dog?

6. One person who comes to mind with sports and cocaine you hockey fans will know, : Bob Probert. Tough as nails without it but you could tell when he was on it. He was close to an animal.

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

So long as the participants understood the risks, we should see what humans can do when the best of science is combined with the best of athletes.

pscook and Gorilla George like this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't they give steroids to race horses......in fact, don't they give horse steroids to humans?

I thought I remembered reading something where they polled a bunch of top athletes and asked them if they would be willing to trade a significant shortening of their lifespan if it meant they could be the best in the world at their sport of choice, even if just for a very short window. The results were overwhelmingly that they would take that tradeoff.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how do they administer the blow? Usually the dogs are locked up hours before any competition.
    Ive seen dogs get their muzzle off at weigh ins and maul other dogs. Especially interesting when
    the trainer weighs 120lbs and has 350lbs of dogs on leads.

10. There are a lot of steroids on the black market that are labeled "for veterinarian use only". Some people use them, hell...probably a lot of people use them. But they aren't the "norm". Good human grade shit is out there to be had.

At least that's what I've heard.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Let's not kid ourselves, we're already almost there. Pro athletes need to be somewhat careful to stay below testing thresholds, but the rules are being bent to their limit.

One of the most eye opening comments on the subject was made by John Romano during the MLB hearings. He said "a PED test is really an IQ test, because only idiots fail them."

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I'm sure there are horses that have failed a piss test or two. A different take to "piss like a race horse."

To the trade off, we can't throw a bunch of criminals in the ring ala Roman Colosseum, so drugs it is. Besides, it would serve to the benefit of all mankind. Lots of human research would be done in a short amount of time. We could have a Novartis Warriors -vs- Pfizer Vikings white paper published in The New England Journal of Medicine that commoners might actually read.

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I know I've said it on here before, but the Joe Rogan podcast where he interviews Lance Armstrong is a fascinating look into pro athletes and PED's.

rcarson15 likes this.