1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

preparation

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by eddie, Feb 8, 2000.

1. eddie

eddie Guest

I am considering entering the endurance series and was looking for advise on how to
    prepare for a weekend.I would be racing an
    F3 that is pretty much stock.What kind of equipment should i have and what kind of physical prepartions should i do.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I recommend that you come to a race and just talk to the racers for a start. Most people will be glad to show you what they are doing for preparation, etc.

A stock engined bike with a good tune up and decent suspension is a good starting place, reliability is critical. Wire everything. A set of wheels with your race tires (new) installed really helps in the short time between practice and the race. Don't worry about changing tires unless you are a real speed demon. You are better off trying to be steady rather than make up time on new rubber half way through the race. The experienced tire changing teams will kick your a__ any way.

For spares you probably want a set of levers (or two) and foot controls. Also, don't forget the duct tape and zip ties, and a drill in your tool box.

Bring as musch help as you can, and lots of liquids for both during and after the race.And finally, just have fun!

3. bobby

bobby Guest

Eddie, Last year was my first year and the best thing to do is just DO IT. Read the endurance portion of the rule book several times. Get as many people as you can to go and be your pit crew. Instruct them on what needs to be done during the pit stops so you do not get penalized our fined for a crew member that does not know the rules.
    On a F3 you shouldn't need to change the tires in a 4 hour(unless you are railing) unless it rains!!. The most important man in the pit stops is the gas man, and since I could only get 39 minutes on one tank on my F3(at rd atlanta, savanna) you WILL be stopping alot. All in all it is a BLAST.
    Come ride with us.

4. Rickie Helms

Rickie Helms Member

Last year was my first too and one thing that sticks out in my mind the most is to bring a big cooler and lots of ice...It gets a little warm sometimes!!

DRS #73

5. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Don't forget a fan or two, (not the kind that cheers for ya, the kind that moves air) and at least a 100 ft. extension cord (altough someone to cheer for you feels kinda good too). Some tracks will have electricity you can plug into and if they don't most guys with generators won't mind sharing as long as all you are running is a small fan or two. Something to keep the air moving is a lifesaver on a hot day on pit road. Anyone remember last year at Memphis, RA in July, Summit Point ?
    Good luck and hope to see at the races.

DRS Racing
    Endurance #73

6. chris semoff

chris semoff Well-Known Member

buy SBR's 99 stuff you'll be ready and finish every race

7. wera122

wera122 Guest

Does the purchase price include support and spare parts? [​IMG]

8. 13x

13x 13x.com

Does the price include Glenn?

Jim (AOD)

9. chris semoff

chris semoff Well-Known Member

99 R1 all spares what support we have,free entrees and something chuck would buy the big #1 plate make offer every thing may go if not will be a spoiler once again!!! hha ha ha

10. EDDIE

EDDIE Member

that's what i need.i need SBR to teach me everything they know and give me a bike ready to go."MY HEROES".
    hey that rhymes.