1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Season Conditioning

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bodie1331, Mar 2, 2011.

1. bodie1331

bodie1331 Well-Known Member

I know it's not "pre-season" anymore, but do any of you have a conditioning routine you follow to get the ole muscle up to par, shake out the joints, and lose the fat of winter hibernation?

I've been doing cardio primarily with some leg stretching, and mixed weights about 5 days a week.

2. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I do High Intensity Interval Training on an elliptical 3 days a week and moderate ab, leg, upper body stuff. I focus more on the cardio and eating healthy than building strength. Stretching is done on a daily basis at work just to get myself in the mood to walk all over the building.

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Lift weights two days a week. Jog two days a week. Race karts one day a week. Eat lots of donuts two days a week. I have recently replaced the donuts with girl scout cookies and had good results.

4. Dug2

Dug2 Well-Known Member

lots of cardio and strengthening of legs, low cal and low carb diet

5. exfix

exfix Well-Known Member

As mentioned 3 days a week HIT and 1-2 days a week endurance training alternating between the bike and elliptical. 3-4 days a week doing hard core drop sets. Planks, pushups, pullups.
    I dont know if it will make me any faster but Im am in the best shape I have been in 25 years.

6. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

I just try to drink less beer.

7. primo

primo Well-Known Member

:crackup:

8. triplestack3

triplestack3 Early Retirement

steroids

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Masturbation......constantly

10. HBS Racing

HBS Racing Well-Known Member

Crossfit and Rugby

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ALOT of riding! :D

12. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

You seem to have it down, I woud add a proper diet as well, you want make sure you can still fit in those leathers. :up:

13. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

Yoga/stretching and running.

14. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

15. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

LOL

16. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Running to build endurance.