1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-CBS Fender Mustang guitar value

Discussion in 'General' started by sdiver, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Wow...love old Martins.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. Prices are a bit on the high side but look around at who is selling stuff there (That green day guy, Rick Nielsen, J Macis, etc).

You hit the lotto even without the case.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It was valued at $5k in 1990. No idea now. I'm somewhat torn about what to do with it. I don't really play. The backstory to the guitar is almost unbelievable as well. A very close friend of my father gifted it to him when they were both 20 years old, and the young man , under deep, deep depression committed suicide. He was type I diabetic, and simply sat under a tree for a period of time until he expired. My Pop wrote up the story of Peter Ott in a journal book that I read when I was in my early 20's. I wish I still had the journal, but it got lost in the winds of time. Godspeed, Peter Ott. You too, Pops.

noles19 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You can guestimate now 4 to 10 times that now depending on condition and the usual factors.

noles19 likes this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So...you're saying I could buy one of them fancy wristwatches you guys keep talking about? Hmmmmmmmm.:D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If it's "right" you could be looking at buying a Broome SUV. But yeah, a real nice watch at least.

7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

A local shop called Killer Vintage is supposed to be a very well reknowned authority on guitar values. They are in St. Louis, MO.

sdiver likes this.
  8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

For sale now, going down to Killer Vintage tomorrow for appraisal. NGD day for me, always wanted 1 of these:

Attached Files:

• NGD.jpg
      NGD.jpg
      File size:
      243.4 KB
      Views:
  9. This is the stuff now. Fenders are obsolete:

[​IMG]

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

@Dave K from your punk music ramblings, you from NY? Anyway, came across this article today about Old Yellow, was interesting.

Was gonna PM you but this is a good place to drop it for others to read.

11. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Description please... more pictures too

12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Gruhn or Carter in Nashville is where you should price or sell it.

13. They are pretty much the only two standing. One of my neighbors in Nashville used to be a big vintage guitar dealer. He went out of business. It's not a money-maker anymore.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, sort of. I remember seeing that guitar and the store but never really went in there (didn't like the people that worked there). I usually went to Sam Ash across the street or just went around to the pawn shops.

15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Let me get the appraisal and I'll send it to you. That way everything will be verified by an independent expert, including the Carillo rods I had installed.

969 and vfrket like this.