1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers badly needed....

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Oh man! In my family the dogs are just part of it....I'm sadden for you and your Wife's loss. :(

2. TexasRob

TexasRob Active Member

Sorry for your loss.

Rob

3. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

so sorry for ur loss man!!

RIP Penny!

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Sorry for your loss, Jeff. :(

5. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Sorry Penny lost her fight - Wishing you and your wife happy memories.

6. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

That's the truth. Lil penn penn was a miracle of the modern veterinary world, because 100 years ago, she never would have survived past 10 weeks when she had her first hypoglycemic episode. The vet has probably saved her life at least 3-4 times in the past. We thank God that she was with us for almost 6 whole years.

This experience has taught me a lot, and really helped me grow as an individual. It's focused my attention on what is important in life, the friends and family that are there for you during these impossibly tough times. It's taught me I'm not the cold, emotionally void individual that I thought I was and I can actually be very compassionate. It's taught me that compassion, joy, and love are worth a million times more than anything materialistic.

Penny was a ball of life, excitement, and joy running at 100mph all day, every day. She lived up to her nickname Penny "pee pee poopers" by getting a wee too excited when new folks would come over, and pissing all over them, and whenever she felt like it dropping a deuce in the middle of the floor. It pissed me off something fierce, but now I can look back at it and just laugh. :crackup: She was everything that is good and pure in this world, and she will be forever loved and missed.

The hurt is still there and all too real. Every couple of minutes reality just comes out of know where and lands on you like a fat chick. The good news is my wife and I are starting to focus more on the memories we have of pppp, and it adds a moment of joy for us and even some laughs. We're probably going to put a scrap book together of our favorite moments and thoughts of penny. Maybe like a little memorial video too. Just some stuff to honor and remember her by. :) My wife's side of the family and I honored her last night with some toasts of some of the best scotch...some J.W. gold and some McClelland's islay. I found this great quote:

"Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on the snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight,
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die."

Thanks to my extended beeb family and all the well wishing, prayers, and good thoughts. They help, a lot. Really, thanks everyone.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:)

8. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Losing pets suck. My wife and I had to euthanize our 3.5 yr old snow hamster last week. For all purposes, these things are mice. We bought her when we moved into our current house. She was well past her life expectancy and was really struggling so we decided to put her out of her misery.

So there we were, my wife and I, crying like a couple kids over a $10 hamster. Makes you feel silly, but yet human, all at the same time.

I hope that pets somehow know how much they touch our lives.

9. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

No doubt they know. And penny was about the size of your hamster :)

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Jeff, when the time comes.

[​IMG]

11. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Thanks PC :)

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I am going to go home and play with my dogs extra long today. I do take them for granted sometimes.

hang in there man.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I ain't gonna lie, I dropped some tears.:)

14. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Yeah, me too. We've started looking at greyhound rescue vidoes, photos of pups at the the shelter and reminiscing about Sweets. I miss that stupid hound.

15. SpeedyE

Are you holding up OK, Jeff? ....or at least holding up?
    Hoping you are feeling better.

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'm so sorry, Jeff :(

17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give you guys an update. Penny's loss still hurts. We're always going to miss that little pint sized twerp. :( Got her ashes back from the mortuary and had paw prints saved and got a lock of her hair....just not sure what to do with it all now.

I thought a fitting tribute for her would be a nice memorial video. So over the last week or so, I put one together. You guys can check it out here:

For Penny.

I will say that we're feeling better than we did. Making the video was hard but helped me a lot. Looking around the house at the things that used to be gut wrenching like her toys or her bed have turned into smiles and laughing about the crazy things she would do. One of my favorites is she could never figure out how to walk on the hardwood floors...she'd scamper across the floor like she was on ice...one time just completely eating it.:crackup: LMAO...those are the great things we remember about lil penny pee pee poopers.

And to prove that I do listen to the beeb every once in a while, we took PC's advice and are looking to adopt a rescue dog. My wife was able to cope a lot faster than I thought and she's already found one that she likes...so I'm looking for good ideas for names. She's an aussie mixed with something - what I have no idea. I'll get to meet her when they come by the house tomorrow morning. She's about 7 weeks, and has gorgeous blue eyes.

[​IMG]

So what should we name her? :)

18. SpeedyE

Penny pee pee poopers is AWESOME :clap::clap::clap::clap: <3

Jeff, you are awesome!!!!!

Name her Penny's from Heaven :)

19. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Good on you man. Losing a pet sucks, but it gives you a great opportunity to help another. Thanks for taking that opportunity and giving that little pup a new home. She's a beauty.

How about Leverella? :D

20. SpeedyE

I have tears pouring down my face, but have never had such a big and wide smile on my face
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: