1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Commander???

Discussion in 'General' started by SOFG2, Aug 7, 2008.

1. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Maybe this should be in tech., I don't know. Anyway, the power commander in my bike has a custom map. I want to try something else with out loosing this map. Can I save it to the computer so I can re-load it if the new one is not better?

2. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

3. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I've done that, and loaded the map from them that I want to try. I just need to make sure I can save the map on the machine. I suspect the custom map now loaded will be the best one but want to try to get rid of a flat spot with this other map.

4. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

I don't have the program in front of me but for sure should be something like File -> Save as etc.

5. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Ya, I read thru the stuff and it looks like when I connect it to the power commander the map will show up automatically and I can save it to the lap top, load the other map and have them both available on the lap top. If I don't think the new map is an improvment I can then re-load the first one.

If this won't work for some reason, somebody please let me know.

6. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

You are on the right track. It will work just fine.
    Just back up the original map and later on you can overwrite with it as you wish.

7. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Cool, that's what I was counting on. The bike has a stumble at about 10,500rpm. If this won't fix it what should I try next?