1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power bleeder for motorcycles?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by superkain, Mar 16, 2013.

1. superkain

superkain Well-Known Member

I have a few brake jobs coming up, and i'm damn sick of hand pumping these things.

Anyone know of a good power bleeder kit that will fit different types of reservoirs? i.e. clutch, stock, aftermarket, ducati, etc. I'm looking around and seeing a few, but thought I should ask if anyone has had a good experience with one over another.

Thanks!

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just used my Mityvac for the spring purge. I still finish up the old fashioned way but it's a handy tool for other stuff too though.

4. A&J Cycles

A&J Cycles Well-Known Member

Pop reservoir cap pinch line to master cylinder. Then remove lines and install new lines. Bleed lines at nut then drop down to bleeders screws. That will knock the line changes out in no time! PROMISE

5. craigcoble2000

craigcoble2000 Well-Known Member

speed bleeders

6. A&J Cycles

A&J Cycles Well-Known Member

Crutch, espicially if you are servicing other peoples motorcycles.

7. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

+1. It's so simple and fast todo it this way. No waste expensive fluid and I just don't like to not feel the system bleed when using a crutch.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I have used this instead of mity vac. Hell of a tool and you can do more than just brakes. Set fluid level in forks, draw fluid out of radiator, remove oil from a crankcase if it's over-filled. And if you have a boat you can change the engine oil in a hurry, or hydraulic oil, etc. Very versatile.

9. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

I have a Mity-vac and dual pump power vacuum pump. The easiest and neatest way I found is a 2oz plastic syringe with just a piece of hose between the bleeder and the syringe. You have vacuum if you need it and a resevour to pump into. They're about a $1.50 @ medical supply.
    Yeah, you still have to pump it but I think that action gets the tuff bubbles out of the lines and fittings.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  10. boloson

boloson Well-Known Member

Which tool?

11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

They are all similar in function, it's a matter of volume. The tall cylindrical one was our weapon of choice. it's ~$100, but if you can diversify its use it pays for itself.

Here's another version, one by Mityvac- Pneumatic Bleeder. Considering it's only $20 more than a regular Mityvac, it might be a good investment if you do more than just brakes.

12. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Once you vac...you won't go back.