Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. socal

socal Well-Known Member

In my expierience Fizik runs larger than Shimano. In Shimano I found a 45 too small. I currently wear a 45 in Fizik with an orthotic- a little long but I can wear them all day in comfort. Fiziks look great long term- just dont look as beat up as some of the others over time. S-Works are the worse for wear- great shoe but finish is gone in no time, eg toe-overlap.

pscook likes this.
  2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I am planning to check them out tomorrow. I wear a 46 Shimano but it's just right-ish. If the Fizik is 0.3-0.5 sizes lomger/wider I just be good.

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I contacted Garmin and they were very helpful. Since they didn't offer the gasket itself, they offered to send me an upgrade pack with not one single pod like I used to have on my Vector 2s, but two pods so I can install them on both pedals (worth 287$) ! You can say what you want about their products, but their customer service is awesome and I'm very happy !

pscook likes this.
  4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Fizik shoes are three bolt whereas I use two bolt SPD pedals. No Fizik shoes in my near in my future. Regarding sizing, my limited "try it on" experience has me in a 46 in Shimaon, Pearl Izumi, and Fizik. Fit feels similar, but I would need to have my footbeds (Specialized Body Geometry) and some time in the pedals to provide a better evaluation. But if I fell into a smoking good deal on shoes and pedals, Fizik would fit the bill.

5. brex

brex Banned

Just get the gravel version of the Fizik road shoes, they are SPD compatible.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I had not considered that option. Now I need to find a local shop that carries MTB shoes as I want the waterproof winter version anyway. Thanks!

brex likes this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Finally the upgrade kit didn't solve my problem so they simply send me a pair of Vector 3 pedals ! Sweet :D

TurboBlew and pscook like this.