1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post up your pro racing treasures

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

My BMX bike from when I was a kid has valve stem caps off of a JPS Lotus. Mechanic just dropped them in my little hand as we walked past - must have been 83 or 84. Instantly made the bike faster.

pscook likes this.
  2. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Why was Kenny Roberts at a non-motorcycle event?

3. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

My favorite garage decoration:
    [​IMG]

Chino52405, noles19, Quicktoy and 4 others like this.
  4. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Grosjean has a wing that isn't damaged? :D:crackup:

Chino52405 and pscook like this.
  5. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

You might say that it is exceptionally rare...

It was actually a race used wing from the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix where he damaged a wing or two, I managed to get one of the survivors, haha.

Gino230 likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I have Evander Holyfield’s autograph on an Atlanta Braves Baseball.

mic drop.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I had a Milwaukee Braves Hank Aaron baseball that he hit in the Polo Grounds. Wonder if that dates me.....

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Did he sign it in blood with his ear?

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Depends. Did you have to set your beer down to catch it?

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wasn’t far from the date of that fight. I believe it was 1992 at the last Braves game of the season before they went to their first pennant run since Hank Aaron.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I hate you

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I guess that this is kinda cool. It's the trophy from one of Erik Kehoe's 125cc National wins back when we were both at US Suzuki (I was wrenching for him). It's pretty big and heavy so Erik didn't want to fly home with it. I put it away in the box van and kinda forgot about it. 33 years later and I still have it. o_O

What makes it extra special is that David Bailey's wife actually made this and all of the trophies for that weekend. This was probably a couple of years after the race where David was paralyzed (I was at that race too and saw his get-off :(, in Huron CA as part of the Golden State Series that many used as a warm-up for the AMA Nationals). IMG_2390.JPG

Gino230 and YamahaRick like this.
  13. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Yeah, that is pretty damn cool. The construction details must be fascinating. Bimota doesn't suck either. Tapestry... Meh. :p

14. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

I had an autographed helmet once, but I gave it away.

I wrote the narrative a few years back for a contest (My story) I entered at IMS.

Spies1_2006.jpg

110827Spies7778.jpg

Attached Files:

15. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Went to the '05 GP at Laguna. One of the local papers had a picture of Rossi on the front with the caption "Valentino Must Lose!" After Nicky won the race I got him to sign my ticket and I had the two framed.

Nicky Hayden Signature.JPG

YamahaRick, motion and Thistle like this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

KIMG3414.JPG I pulled this off of the 68 Bonneville I bought from a friend. Gary's shop did the motor work on the bike. This was the only thing I got that pointed to the fact Gary worked on it. I thought it was kind of neat. I bought the bike in the early 90s.. I wouldn't call it a treasure so much. But kinda cool. It's a CT alloys sprocket. Which is now rebel gears

renegade17 likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Do you know a guy who is an expert on Evander Holyfield's baseboxing career?

Quicktoy likes this.