1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibilities with PC3/IM

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Garrison, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Garrison

Garrison Well-Known Member

All these PC3 questions on my forums have me thinking; as I do not yet have my bike custom mapped, what could I look at possibly unlocking in terms of power from my 06 cbr600rr?

The bike has full exhaust, intake, air filter. Otherwise, engine is untouched (I think). But I have a PC3 and IM ready to be tuned...

So my question then,
    What could I possibly be looking at in terms of numbers? Is there a range that average 600's drop into, once tuned, in terms of hp? I know every dyno is different, but a range is all I'm looking for.

Thanks! :up:

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i wouldnt be worried about how much HP your going to get, but more so the fact that filter and full exhaust has leaned out the bike, and you "could" be causing damage when your in the higher rev range right now.

but expect 105-125 HP :D

3. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

:crackup: How can a preset lean out? I have zip fuel cutters. I have the subthrottle system hanging off the bike like afterbirth. I have thousands of WOThe fuck miles you are talking about? Then if that is FACT, my bike should be dead, smoking, clanking, overheating, popped the rod out the case you bring that case of evidence and I will bring mine.

:Poke: :Pop: Poppisscorn?

:cool: Simmer down, Johnny. Class is about to begin.

4. Garrison

Yeah yea, alright. Haha. I was thinking more along the lines of 115hp or so. Is that possible on pump gas, or do I need to start using race fuel?

5. Garrison

OR

And sorry, the edit button is gone; would I have to port the head? And, if so, how severely does that effect engine life?

6. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

Porting does not affect engine life. Porting speeds air or cuts down the drag.
    Big ass ports slow the air down. Cleaned up ports will run better than big ports. If you want to take a rubber cutting wheel and blend the rubber spigots to the head, you can increase speed flow that way to gain more HP.
    If you cut the valve seat with the cutting wheel and cause a leak at that brushed area, then yes, you can effect compression and cause the engine not to run too well or not at all... Depends on the damage.
    Think of it this way... Porting effect > 'Increases air speed.' Stock is one speed and that does not affect dependability as does porting, that basically steps up the same volume air, but at a different speed is that, 'effect.'

So, you can take that theory, rub your hands faster together and you have more heat. Don't start thinking hot heat and now the bike goes lean because of the air expanding. Think basic fundamental steps.

If you fill a glass with water, you fill the same volume, as if you open the faucet handle wider, filling the glass sooner. Same goes with porting. You speed up the same volume of air sooner into the chamber; is the porting job. Cams, you opened the valve sooner is the air speed event. Big parts and subtle moves, build on the, 'HP gain game.'

Gas has an additive that slows the gas from exploding or say the kinetic can light the gas off we speed the air up. So, you add this suppressor to it called, octane. Notice how slow premium is to burn as opposed to regular that will burn sooner/quicker. Now, you want to play with exotics, go right ahead. Exotics can create more HP by being a liquid; hidden is the oxygen to heat up once it turns to a gas state. There is your increase in HP.

So, you build HP in incremental steps using porting for speed, gas for speed, exotic fuels for hidden oxygen in liquid form like laughing gas. Used in drag racing for bursts of HP, laughing gas in a bottle is just condensed oxygen. Thus, the HP gain filling the same void of that empty glass, full of liquid and other gas is class is dis mist.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  7. Garrison

Anyone? Last question I promise. :)

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I'd expect to gain 5 horse or so. Maybe a little more if you have the tuner adjust your cam timing and/or play with your head gasket - that's pretty much the extent of modifications done in a typical "superstock" build. You shouldn't need to do any head porting. What is your goal with the bike?

9. Garrison

Well come July I'll be racing with you guys at CMP in the supersport class.
    I understand I'll be riding with 750's and liters, so I'd like a little something extra for the drive and straights.

Thanks for your answers guys

10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Starting out racing? Get it mapped, but don't worry too much about your motor other than that. Even that suggestion is mainly just for good throttle response and smooth torque more than high power. Concentrate on getting as much track time as you can afford, and then spend any leftover (hahahahahahahahaha) money on tires and suspension.

If you race with WERA, once you finish your rider's school you'll race in classes against like machinery, so you won't have to deal with literbikes buzzing you down the straights.