1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pops is looking for a Street Triple (R) or Daytona 675

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

My old man is looking to buy a Triumph Street Triple, preferably an R or Daytona 675 which I will use as basis to turn into a Street Triple, which he'll then upgrade further. Basically he wants to "roll his own" ultimate Street Triple w/ good suspension, Arrow pipes, etc.

If you all come across any good deals let me know. The local dealership is not moving off MSRP ($9599) for the R, I have to believe you can pick one of these type bikes up clean & used for somewhere in the 6K range which leaves plenty left over for him to bolt on the Arrow & Ohlins.

I hope I have as many screws loose as he does when I'm 62.

2. I will see what Lora has at her dealership. She usually gets some stuff in on trade-in or consignment.

3. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

I have a clear title 2011 speed triple ABS in white - 800 miles if ya want to buy that. It's all stock and lives in my garage. $12,500 We're 1.5 hrs apart in NC
    [​IMG]

4. If he doesn't take it, I will buy it.

...for tree fiddy :D

5. That is of course, unless you want to trade it for a well sorted 1098S race bike.

Seriously.

6. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Ahh the racing days are on indefinite hold, I'm sure you won't have issues unloading that bike though.

7. Actually, I am having issues unloading it...because I am not putting any effort into it :D.

It has been sitting in the corner of the garage and i don't pay any attention to it or think about it until something like this comes up and then I am like "maybe he wants to buy it" and I will make a comment.

It has been "for sale" for almost a year...the problem is that I haven't ran a single ad in the classifieds, on ebay, on any Ducati forums or anything. It is like I am just being a lazy ass and hoping it will magically sell itself. :crackup:

8. ThrottleJock

Thanks for the tips guys, I talked to him again last night and he's pretty dead set on a Street Triple R. We'll find him one, I'm going to check with the dealership contacts a couple of you recommended via PM. Thanks again

9. Black46

Black46 Well-Known Member

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Everytime I see this thread I think it's about Pops Yosh.

11. ThrottleJock

12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

That is an awesome bike with an even more awesome link.:bow: