1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pool Maintenance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 24, 2017.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Really? :rolleyes: Jets' Green :clap:

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Brown on the bottom, green on the top ;)

3. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I was on this kick for a while to keep my pool warm (an hour south of NYC), but quickly decided it wasn't worth the trouble and fossil fuels are much easier and straightforward for focused heating (I also have an already installed propane heater, FWIW).

But honestly, the best thing that happened was my neighbor cutting down all his trees - my pool now gets sun from dawn to dusk and is always warm enough to swim in (and during heat waves can actually be too warm, 90F+). If memory serves, you've got a ton of tree cover which is never going to work in the northeast.

BigBird likes this.
  5. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Also note , the pool industry is having a serious issue with the delivery of parts . Down in Florida , the price of chemicals has nearly doubled on some stuff . Before I left to Biz last June . I couldn’t replace a commercial pool pump or replace the bad pump body with new parts . All the warehouses in my area were out of stock . Had to go to a pump junkyard to rebuild the commercial pump . Also talked to the guy who bought my company the other day and he said it has gotten worse since I left last June .

BigBird likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fill it, grow veggies.

BigBird likes this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

... or bury an infamous Teamster Union Leader.

BigBird likes this.
  8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Put a gate around dat beotch and charge entrance fees to the skate boarding dudes & dudettes.

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

if it didn't cost $14K....and that was like 3 years ago. sure even more now

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I've used free-floating black foam diamond plate gym floor tiles to great success on top of having a 100' run of black vinyl irrigation tubing along the top of the metal fencing. Doesn't look horrifically Redneck, and the pool is in the 90s on a Texas August day.

BigBird likes this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Just fill it yourself with a shovel if there’s no rush :p

BigBird likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Buy a pickup for 5-10 and steal the dirt :D

BigBird likes this.