1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

points in regions

Discussion in 'General' started by funnyhat, Sep 27, 2005.

1. funnyhat

funnyhat tire budget challenged

I've read the rules, and used your friend and mine, the search button, but I still don't have a good answer.

If someone finishes in the top five for points in two different regions, assuming they don't get four awards, how is it determined which region they are awarded for? If it is just by place, they will end up with one class in Mid-Atlantic and one in Northeast. Or is it that both awards must come from the same region, so it would go by aggregate place or points or something? :confused:

2. coiz

coiz Well-Known Member

You get awards for both of the regions. I won Mid-Central and South Central championship(s) at the same time. Is that what your asking?

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

If you are interested in Vintage classes, each regions points stand on there own. The GNF only counts towards your National Vintage points total.......and that is a seperate animal.

If you are interested in a Sportsman Class, each regions points stand on there own also.........you will be gridded at the GNF based on your best ranking in that class. When the green flag drops everyone is equal in points........the winner of the race, even if he starts last is the National Sportsman champ. If you were the top regional person in a class you are the Regional sportsman champ............irregardless of your finish at GNF.

National classes..........just another race that is added to your National series points total.

Got it?

:up:

4. funnyhat

funnyhat tire budget challenged

Egads, really? Wow. Since I didn't think you got both, I made the question much harder than it needed to be.

I mean, that's great. Cool! Thanks!

As for the GNF, I'm afraid I can't go. I'll be busy. :(