1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Points finally posted from Bike Week

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by AHRMA872, Mar 19, 2002.

1. AHRMA872

AHRMA872 Well-Known Member

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Hey, this board is for WERA related trash talk! But congrats on being in the #1 spot, Bob. And yes, I DO see a big bullseye on your back!!! [​IMG]
    #2 (for now)

3. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

hey i need to be in that class. ive got a bul 175 roller and a motor. but if i had one more racebike i would be sakis jr.
    in the words of that english dude "oh fucking hell" [​IMG]

4. AHRMA872

Carl,
    Get used to the view of that bullseye [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Scott,
    Come on man! The more the merrier! I'm gonna save the 180 for AHRMA only due to scarcity of parts. F500 only for WERA.

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

bob-whats your race schedual for the next few months? are you going to race the 180
    in 250gp at the ahrma rounds, also curious about the wera races your going to.

6. YAM#849

Scott- I'll bump the 175 up to 250 GP at a few AHRMA rounds. I'm trying to figure out my WERA schedule. I'll get carried away and spend too much money if I don't watch out. [​IMG]
    Carl

7. SUPERTUNE

SUPERTUNE Member

Does that mean I have a BULLSEYE on my back too?
    Chuck"SUPERTUNE"Quenzler III F-500 #403

------------------
    *********SUPERTUNE********

8. Christopher Spargo

Christopher Spargo Well-Known Member

Haven't seen... ;-)

cjs

9. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

OUCH!! [​IMG]

10. AHRMA872

Scott,

The scarcity of parts for the 180 keeps me from bumping up to 250GP and unlike ironman Spargo I'm not quite sure I'm up for 3 classes in a single day. I like the timing between 200GP and F500 the way the race schedule normally runs. It gives me time to catch my breath.

Because of conflicts with my oncall schedule at work I'll probably only do both the WERA events at NFMP and I'll probably treat myself to a nice 45th birthday present in August by going to VIR. I may bring the 180 up there but the others I'll do F500 only.

Road Atlanta has a MAJOR appeal to me too but I think I'm oncall that weekend. I've gotta check on that one.

I really want to go back to Summit, I loved that place last year, but AHRMA's at Kershaw that weekend so unfortunately it's out.

SUPERTUNE,
    Welcome and thanks again for the spare brake lever at Daytona! I'm not gonna join in the F500 trash talking yet. You guys will get to hear plenty of that next year [​IMG] For now I'll stick to a little trash talk about a little bike [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by AHRMA872 (edited 03-21-2002).]

11. STAN LIPERT

STAN LIPERT Well-Known Member

Com'on, spill the beans!How much HP can a 180 make? I'm building a simple 180cc CB160 myself. Trash talk all ya' want, lets have it!

12. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

carl-its only money..right.if i sell a kid or two i may try the ahrma kershaw round.

bob-im sure you can keep the 180 in parts.
    i know its a little scary to enter the running of the bulls though [​IMG]

hey stan i thought you retired.when are you going to race the little twin?if you bring it to talladega i promise to take it easy on you.

13. STAN LIPERT

I'm not retired, just late in finalizing my plans. See me at Summit,Nelson,& Putnam. Sorry, never been to Talledega, too far for me. The 160 is delayed another month or two-after the first dyno session, tore it down. I decided to make it a little more competetive.

14. AHRMA872

I haven't dyno'ed it so I can't say for sure. My guess would be somewhere in the over 10 range [​IMG] I'm restricted to 22mm carbs for AHRMA. With a couple of 28's I figure it might even hit the over 12 range [​IMG]

QUOTE]Originally posted by wera33:
    i know its a little scary to enter the running of the bulls though [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the bull have to run? [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry, just couldn't resist one that easy.

15. HBRnorth

HBRnorth Member

man,the bull is gettin way thick big brother! you might ought keep it to a low murmer...besides i'll be sportin a barlow 4stoke head in the future then the trash talkin begins!!!congrats to you,spargo,carl,chuck,scott,sakis, harry and the whole pro-porting team.(2-stroke division)ha-ha woooo-hooo

16. YAM#849

Here's the beans that I know, which ain't everything:

My 175 Yam ( 2str single) has dynoed at 26 hp, and I cannot run with Denny Poneleit's Honda 175 4s twin on the banking. Admittedly, he's a little faster thru the infield at Daytona than I am. But I had hoped to gain some back on the banking. Nope, it goes the other direction a little bit. Hence, I'm pretty happy to get 2nd. I worked hard for what I could get. Anybody got more beans to ad?

17. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Hey Stan. I have some 56mm pistons that come with rings, 14mm pin and buttons for the Honda 160/175. It'll give you a massive thundering 200cc!! I usually just need to deepen the valve pockets .003 and bring them closer to the edge of the crown in order to clear a 122x4 cam. The pockets will probably just need to be brought closer to the edge of the crown but not deepened if running a 122-20 cam.

Tom Bentley sells them.

18. STAN LIPERT

Jens,The story with this CB160 is that it was given to me for free from a good friend as a basket, he intended to make a racer but never got around to it. It was a genuine period street hot-rod back in the day. Web cam,54mm high-comp pistons,bigger carbs,mild porting,aluminum rims,clubman bars, cafe seat/tank, and a bitchin' orange paint job with contrasting pinstripes.Real groovy, man. I'm resurecting it as a nice,low-budget, GP-kitted period racer. Stock 160 tank, hump-back seat, long straight meggas, and red, like Hondas when they were winning GPs w/Redman and Hailwood. I ran it with stock valves, porting, 22&26mmcarbs, the cam and pistons that came with it. Felt nice in the parking lot, but only a wimpy 15HP on the HMF dyno. So I shoehorned some 28mm intake& 24mm exhaust valves. The intake is so big, the valve seat touches the sparkplug hole. Re-ported the head. Sitting on my bench at work, I need to machine suitable pockets in the pistons next, close down the squish. I'll be real happy with 20HP.26HP? WOW! If Poneleit's Hon-do is an AHRMA-legal 180cc it has a specific output of 144HP/liter, a higher output than any vintage bike I've heard of! As Martha Stewart says, nitromethane is a GOOD THING!

19. AHRMA872

I was talking to Craig Breckon about some Triumph stuff for lil bro and he was in total disbelief regarding the legality of Denny's bike. He wants to pool money for a protest next year if he stomps us again.

That thing is REALLY fast for a 4 stroke of such small displacement! I know Denny can carry more corner speed than most of us but I have to wonder about the bike too the way he pulled away. My little off-track excursion in the International Horseshoe the first lap kept me from having a chance to find out if I had anything for him or not [​IMG].

Scott,
    Looks like I'll be able to make Road A. Bring on the bull. Bring the bike with you too [​IMG]

20. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Stan, I'd love to see/hear your bike!! I never had the time, parts availability or money to really build the motor I always wanted to so I tried to increase power throught the use of tuned 2-1 exhausts and getting the motor to rev higher. Although my best motor (run at RA and then VIR last season where it dropped a valve) was no match for the Team Giannini 250 Duc's or Gary Smiths 27HP CB200 (240cc), it made it's power between 10,000 and 13,000 rpm. Still short of the 14,000rpm Poneleits bike is rummored to redline at but respectable. I never got a chance to check his bike out but I hear he also runs a dual plug head (fact or fiction?). Either way, in order to outpower (we're talkin Daytona here) Chris's 250 Duc and still be AHRMA 200GP legal, he must be using some serious "blackmajik"!!!

[This message has been edited by Diesel (edited 03-22-2002).]