1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pocono Video

Discussion in 'General' started by DevDoc, Apr 17, 2006.

1. DevDoc

DevDoc Racing against MS

Does anyone know where there is a motorcycle video of Pocono raceway. I was looking at the track map and can't see how it can be safe for bikes.

Thanks in advance,

2. Doug Boccuzzi

Doug Boccuzzi Well-Known Member

Hey Doug,

I have a Shadow Video from the "East Course". Can't really email it to you or post it, though.

I think the layout is pretty safe, overall. Safer than Summit, IMHO.

See you there??

Doug

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless the wall on the outside of T1 has been moved it's not safer than Summit. The rest of it wasn't too bad really the last time we ran it other than the pavement.

4. DevDoc

DevDoc Racing against MS

Is it just the three turns or am I missing something. I am just getting better from a surgery and then an MS issue and need to get some seat time. I was thinking of coming out there but was hoping to get the layout and an idea of what I was getting into.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We always used this course, opposite direction of the arrows and with a chicane at the end of the back striaght.

[​IMG]

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

do you make the chicane with cones? (serious question) I'm just curious.

7. Doug Boccuzzi

Doug Boccuzzi Well-Known Member

Sorry, thought you were referring to the little East Course, not the full (old FUSA) config. Yeah, pavement sucks.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Back in the day, the chicane was an actual paved chicane pimple looking thing on the infield side where it transitions from the Long Pond straight to the banking.

Doug - my bad actually, I didn't think they'd changed things there as drastically as they have for road courses, pretty much night and day form the last time I was there.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've run the WERA-style course with hay bales for a chicane. With CCS/FUSA, we got back into the infield at the end of Long Pond straight (no banking).

10. snake03rr

snake03rr Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of the FUSA course. Last yr, I hit what seemed like a moon crater on the inside part of the banking that had me in the air at 120+. I was very lucky to land back on the bike.

11. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I did a trackday there with TPM last summer (FUSA course) and there are 5 real bad spots. Going into T1 you now have a huge bump (shitty fix job) that was not there the last time FUSA was there....when I hit it going into T1 it knocked my left foot right off the peg (very scary). The next bad spot is in the tri-oval, it's a big patch job right across the track that will bounce you right out of your seat. Very scary....and if you crash there...U R going into the outside wall and that will not be good. 3rd bad spot is the right going into the second infield section. There is something that resembles a mogel right on the racing line....hit it and you going airborne. You can ride around it but the fast way thru there is now fugged up. 4th bad spot is the last left before the front straight. As soon as you exit that left, while you are still leaned over you have another bad patch job that totally upsets your bike. And last but not least the right going back onto the front...this was bad in the past but now it really sucks.

njracer

12. snake03rr

^ I'll be there for TPM's combined East and FUSA course on 5/7. I think they're splitting them up for a half day run on each.

Obviously not looking forward to the fusa part. Hopefully, they run that in the a.m. so I can skip a few sessions.

13. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

From what I heard, the east course has degraded as well and now has more bumps than last year.

Pocono needs a MAJOR repave job....the NASCRAP track, both infield sections and east. Too bad the owner/s could care less.:down: However, I see a repave in the future if the NJ track opens in Milville and they start to lose business.

14. snake03rr

The east course is not perfect but it's really in another league compared to the FUSA course in terms of safety imo. At least you can ride the correct lines without being thrown around.

But, I haven't run it since Oct/05 so... I'll be there 4/23 w/stt.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oct 95?! Unless they've repaved it since 2002, you're in for some surprise! There is at least one rather "interesting" section. :)

16. snake03rr

lol.. Oct 05. I think I did have 95 in there first before you posted that quote though.