1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please punch whoever designed the 600rr bodywork

Discussion in 'General' started by juni5, Mar 27, 2006.

1. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Argh! I hate trim clips and I hate the ram air duct covers on my cbr! They are such a pain the remove! The bodywork on that bike is by far the most complicated that I've dealt with. My gixxer could be stripped in 15. It took me seriously, like an hour to get the ram air covers off. Argh!...Ah that feels much better, that is my vent for the day :D

2. dstktmusa

dstktmusa Well-Known Member

Don't try to remove the stock bodywork on a TL1000R........

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

after you do it a few times it's actually pretty easy. Now the rear wheel on the other hand:(

4. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

i've never really had any issues w/ the bodywork (first bike, so i've got nothing to compare to) but that friggin' rear wheel took me a bit at first.

5. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I can have that ram air cover off in about 3 minutes, but then again I've been wrenching on 600RRs since the month after they hit showrooms. You just have to bend it...it won't break. You only have to remove 1 trim clip and one fairing screw.

6. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

weld the nut onto the right adjuster, and bevel the bottom edge of the brake pads and that makes it faster to change the wheel.

7. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

Haha, that makes me feel alot better cause I was bending the crap out of that thing! lol..

If the rear wheel is as irritating to remove as you say it is. I'll be back venting again very soon :D seeing that my tires are wearing out.

8. andy342

andy342 Well-Known Member

The shock is also a lot of fun.

9. lvbluer6

lvbluer6 Well-Known Member

how do you like it versus working on your r6??

10. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

:D
    Right now at least, it's hard to compare... I've had my CBR for about 3 months and I use it as a commuter so I haven't really done to much work on it other than oil and tire changes and irritating an alarm install. The R6 on other hand, I've torn down to a rolling chassis and have pretty much went through the whole bike. The R6 seems to be pretty straight forward, no real pet peevs other than one of the subframe mounting nuts is lodged in a plastic crevis and the rear brake/wheel spacer. But the CBR has the same type of setup. And I don't even want to begin to think about the CBR's rear shock. The CBR looks like it takes more work to get to things. But again I haven't really done too much on it...Just my 2 cents...That bodywork is really irritating though :D

11. boxer

boxer Well-Known Member

well i found someone that can handle punching the designer.......

Attached Files:

12. boxer

boxer Well-Known Member

ooooppps sorry should have posted an ugly warning

13. mark600

mark600 Well-Known Member

Do what I did and crash the fuck out of it. Comes off real easy after that!:up:

14. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

put an arrow full exhaust on and try and change the oil. that's a real trick. can't back off the oil filter unless you loosen the exhaust. rear wheel is a pain. i don't know why. i could have my f4i off and on 3 minutes. i have to take blood pressure medication everytime i change the 600rr wheel.

15. GPgofast

GPgofast Well-Known Member

In and out in well under half an hour. EASY. I raced a double RR for two years and although they are put together differently, they really are NOT that much more difficult to work on(this is on a race prepped bike). GP