1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please donate to Toys for Tots

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

We have been collecting donations for the Toys for Tots this holiday season. To be honest we are no where near the marks I had hoped we would hit. Business has been good, well up over last year so I know that is not the issue. We did a video promoting it, placement on the front page and in the shopping cart etc...

Still not what I was hoping for.

For those of you that can spare a little this holiday season please do so. There is no purchse necessary, so you can just make a donation. We have levels set from $5 to $500 on the site.

STG will be making a donation, my family will make one as well. I was really hoping to knock this out of the park. Please help if you can!

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Brian Van

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Already did...the wife and I bought one of our local stores out of Stuffed Animals they had marked for clearance. We dropped off 5 lawn and garden bags full at a drop off yesterday.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I dumped some in a bin yesterday. I was with my nephews a few years ago when my sister fell into hard times and they got donated presents. Seeing those kids pick out toys at the shelter was one of the hardest yet enjoyable things I have ever experienced. Most of us probably do fairly well money wise or we wouldn't be in a house sitting in front of a computer right now. Please help out if you have a chance.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bria, thanks for the reminder. I'll head over to Toys R Us this week and get some shit to donate.

No kid should remember the year they got nothing for Christmas as the stand out.

5. Did $96 worth of toys yesterday. Had to run into WalMart for a few things (only real store in town, FML) and my 5 year old daughter reminded me to donate. She said see if you can call Santa to let him give you back some money instead of toys for me and we can buy toys here and put them in the bin for kids who need them. Needless to say I made my mock phone call and she picked out the toys. Killed two birds with one stone, donated to children who need it and taught my daughter (and me) a good lesson on giving.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

7. Brian Van

End of the day Christmas is all about the kids. At this time of year this is a great cause for sure.

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Absolutely :up:

If you can do it, give something and make a kid's Christmas worthwhile. I do every year :beer:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just a reminder to give to families that don't have the means.

Bump.

10. Brian Van

We had a nice spike in donations after this post. Several folks made a donation without even making a purchase. Pretty sure this post made a difference.

Thank You and keep them coming please! No purchase necessary and you can donate as little as $5 or as much as $500.

Van