1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plates

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by MMX, Sep 15, 2011.

1. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

So I'm planning on taking the race school before a race .. When do we know our numbers? And I guess we can buy the backgrounds and numbers at the track or just numbers?

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

you can do the background whenever you want to.. do it now if you wanna. be sure to use yellow for novice. and as for your first couple of weekends until you get your assigned number, use black electrical tape to make the number. make it the number you want, and on your application, put down the number you would LIKE to have, if its possible for you to have it, they will let you know... if not, the electrical tape peals easily off, and you can replace it with a real number once its assigned.. it usually takes a couple of weeks to get a number assigned to you once all the school, mock race, and all the paperwork has been gone thru up at headquarters.

3. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

Ok thanks!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW you can buy the license and get an assigned number ahead of time or just handle it all at the track, whichever you prefer.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Autozone has Rustoleum paint in "Novice Yellow"...works very easily. Most bike shop have numbers.

6. OilBoiler

OilBoiler Member

Does anyone know where I can get vinyl yellow number plates?

7. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

Two quick places off the top of my head are kruzel at drippinwet graphics and trackwraps. There are probably 100 others also.

8. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

Iron pony for one. Almost all bikes shops have thick 2x2 sqaures of color background. You just cut out the shape you want and stick.

9. OilBoiler

OilBoiler Member

Thanks guys. I was trying to keep it from looking like ^ss. I guess I will just have someone else paint them on. The generic thing is not what I was looking for.

10. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

Hey guys.. I just painted my bike this weekend with krylon.. Not bad for 15.00.. I'm holding off on the plates until I get my number.. But.. Does the front plate on the 2007 zx6r need to be dead center or can I run numbers on both sides of the ram air ? I have seen both but I think rules have changed?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Center. Use the screen, you won't be looking through the lower part.

12. MMX

MMX Well-Known Member

Thanks mongo!

13. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

I am deployed right now and plan on getting everything set up to race as soon as I return. If I submit the First time member application and pay the license fee, can I have a number assigned and and then attend the NRS when i return?

I will be running an 08 kawasaki is E Superstock the only class I can run?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes you can handle the paperwork now and do the school later. You can ride E, DSS, V5, and up to Clubman as well on the 250.

15. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Thanks Mongo! Application in the mail.