1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plane guys

Discussion in 'General' started by Funkm05, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I know a few of you are involved in airplane sales and such. I’ve got a cousin looking to pick up a Cessna 206. Anyone have a lead they could point me to??

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Bring lots of cash.

Maybe ask around on POA. There are probably some guys there who can point you in the right direction

3. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Just look on Trade-a-plane or barnstormers. It's just a 206 there are lots of them out there, make sure they get a prebuy done by someone he knows.

Chonchito likes this.
  4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

They’ve checked the standard sites and such. Just figured I’d put it out to this crowd and see if anyone has any leads.

5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Can't help ya at all but had a driver waiting for a flight from Oakland today, plane took off and had to return to Oakland....birds in the engine. How often do bird strikes occur?

7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Just talking with my cousin ... he’d be interested in a 210, as well. Either/or.

8. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Make sure it's ADS-B Out already or he'll have an expensive hangar queen.

9. beechkingd

On either one of them pay particular attention to the sheet metal around the gear where they go into the fuselage for cracks. Especially on older 210's but 206's can have cracks there as well. Pretty much every older 210 I've looked at has had repairs to the gear saddle area. Some were 30 hours labor, some 400 hours to repair. Friends don't let friends buy 210's unless they are gluttons for punishment and have $$$ to spend.

ChemGuy likes this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Unless it’s a P210 and you can get the keys occasionally they go ahead and egg them on.

11. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I sell GA airplanes for a living but mostly new ones. I'd be glad to help if he just wants advice or anything. Google Muncie Aviation Company for the phone numbers and email.

FYI, I would never own a 210. They are reaching the point of not being realistic to maintain. If anyone wants to go a similar route, I kinda accidentally ended up with a Cessna 421 Golden Eagle. I will make you a DEAL.

The point above about ADS-B out is exaggerated. It's not that big of a deal. There are different solutions for different situations. We are doing installs here almost daily.

12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

How much is the ads-b out costing for an older GA plane?

13. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Can you send me the info on the 421?

Keving75 at Gmail. Thanks.

14. SteveThompson

The cheapest solution is supposedly less than $2k. The good solution for most cheaper airplanes (new Garmin transponder) is about $6,000.

15. beechkingd

Eew I’d rather work an old Lear.

SteveThompson likes this.
  16. SteveThompson

Ummmm... you're not helping.

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Have any ifr 182’s with a garmin 430 and autopilot cheap???

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

19. beechkingd

That's a lot of $ for a 421 with a GTSO at TBO. It's got nice seat covers though! All it needs is some of that ball fringe above the windows like in an old low rider. I've always thought some fringe and fuzzy dice would be perfect for a 421.

20. SteveThompson

I get a lot of $125k offers. I ended up with it trying to back my way out of a Conquest trade-in that a used dealer backed out on. Make me an offer over $125k. I dare you. :D

This just isn’t what we do. Our average sale last year was $2.25M.