1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PittRace Do they still run bikes on kart track?

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Jan 12, 2017.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I have looked and I cannot find out if they still run bikes on the kart track.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Minis and Supermoto? I think they still do ..

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Yes and they have open track up there often...
    Paging SimonBuric
    (I'm riding his bike there soon)

Ride safe,
    AAron

5. zippytech

When you say open track, is that something that can be found on schedule some place

6. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Yea they run bikes on the kart track. M-F it's open track all day, you'll have to alternate with private karts if there are any up there but rental karts obviously take priority over either.

Saturday and Sunday it's open track from 8-12 then 4- closing time. Same as above you'll have to alternate with private karts if there are any up there but the rental karts take priority over either.

Rental karts can rent out the track at any time.

To see if there is anything going on and if you'll be able to ride it's best just to call up there and ask.

OMRL does race up there once a year, it's super fun, you get to have your ass handed to you by little kids.

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I believe NJ Mini GP runs there.

8. zippytech

lol little shits ...

9. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Is that ED in your avatar?

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You need to contact their karting track manager to get open time, and you will likely share the track time with rental karts. They run 10 minute sessions, and they're not super great about getting you every third session when you pay your flat $50, and the kart folks are paying them $25 for 10 minutes at a time.

With that said, there is an Eastern OH and Western PA group that books the track for mornings, and the karting doesn't open until noon or later. That's a lot of fun.

The track itself does not promote open time there for bikes, but it's available.

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Not anymore. They used to do a joint event with OMRL, but that's a long way for them to travel. OMRL still does a round there every year.