1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitt Race

Discussion in 'General' started by ryanp77, Jan 2, 2020.

1. ryanp77

ryanp77 Midwest Pirelli Race Tire Supplier

I am building a Excel chart and trying to set up my schedule for track days this season and I would really like to hit Pitt Race this year. Want to hear some reviews of the place, also wondering what the garage layout was like how many there were the pricing to rent and is there on site camping (I would guess there is) shower facilities?

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Don’t hesitate, go and enjoy a really fun track. Lots of pavement in the paddock. Garages are limited but power is available. Showers are very clean and very nice, other tracks should take note. Camping is available to my knowledge, not much grass in the paddock area though.

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The garage layout maps are on the PittRace website. They charged $70 / day for a garage bay in the north garage and there is power. Not sure about the event center garage. Yes to showers and on site camping. The sites with power are limited so reserve early if you need it.

The track itself is excellent. Nice elevation changes and mix of high speed and slower sections.

Highly reccomend it and I'll be there for a few of the N2 days this year sorting out my RGV.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My favorite track for track days, just wish it were a little closer. Reserve power early if you need it, as it goes fast. I just bring my generator.
    If you can, do two days as one day is not long enough to learn that Pitt.

5. ryanp77

Yeah I have really wanted to go there since it opened, it looks really fun. I really want to check it out!

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If you let garages/power availability/showers (or the lack thereof) weigh heavily in your track preferences, you're doing it wrong...
    PIRC is awesome, as is Nelson Ledges (never thought I'd be typing that).

Kyle Brosius and JBall like this.
  7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Do it! Track is incredible and facilities are fantastic as well. If you're going with N2 there's a good chance I'll be in there.

jksoft likes this.
  8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Still low on power there? i havent been there since it was Beaver run.

9. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

You should go back, it's a night and day change in the facility. That said, there is still very limited power. But Space / pavement / giggles per dollar is all top notch.

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Oh I've heard its very nice there now. Not that the ole Beave didnt do it for me.

11. ryanp77

Its more just of planning, I do not have a generator, so I would rent a garage with power and I may set up a tent at night or stay at a hotel, all of which need to be included in my budget for the year

12. ryanp77

Yes if I go this year it will be with N2, I have done the Barber trip at Thanksgiving with them

13. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Monsterdood and JBall like this.
  14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Personally I think this track map is the coolest, showing all the radii, lengths, elevations and max camber %. The one thing it doesn't tell you is the camber in turn 14 is negative camber. I never have gotten my head around how much throttle I can add on the R1 through there. Since it is just a track day and not a race, I error on the side of caution. When I take the SV there for the first time, I am guessing that will change to "Full throttle, right NOW!" :D

https://pittrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Track-Geometry-Map.pdf

16. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Get a generator. Essential with this sport regardless if your a track day or racer.

17. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I've been doing trackdays and racing for five years or so and never had a generator.

That said, I agree that they're a good tool.