1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitbull trailer restraint

Discussion in 'General' started by thebrieldeal, Jun 30, 2018.

1. thebrieldeal

thebrieldeal Active Member

Can someone lead me to the promised land on best price for this thing?

Saw a few videos and I'm sold. I'd like to buy 4 for my trailer but man... That's expensive.

Thanks

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

PM rider's discount on here for best prices. Yeah, they're pricey, but worth it.

BigBird, TurboBlew and WANABE RACER like this.
  3. thebrieldeal

Thank you!

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Only have to buy them once.

New bike? Just buy the pins for your new bike. Done.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know they are better, but I used to take up to 5 bikes to the track in my toy box, and often would take friends bikes, so I never invested in them.....tie downs are pretty cheap. :D

If I always went with the same bike or two and didn't have friends come along, I may have invested.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

BigBird and Razr like this.
  8. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

See, my philosophy is just the opposite. I'm not using straps... you want your bike in my trailer? Better go buy pins for it. :D

JJJerry, badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

But then I would have had to buy 5 TRS'S and I'm too cheap for that.:D

10. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Guys I actually know someone who has maybe a dozen of these new. Got it of business and is sitting on stuff. Let me look into this.

Frisbee likes this.
  11. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I'm cheap too, but this is beyond worth it. ;)

BigBird likes this.
  12. thebrieldeal

I am looking to haul 5 bikes in a trailer that I am converting the front half into "living quarters" so to speak. I have 10 by 8.5 feet of room to deal with. The only way I can hold all 5 at one time would be to have these. Otherwise the best I have ever done was e track load bars with front wheel catches that I welded up and made holes for tie downs. It was a miserable way to load, tie and secure bikes. It worked but I hated it.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This, it's cheap insurance.

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

10 x 8.5 of space for 5 bikes? Full size crotch rockets?

Keep in mind, the TRS plate and the 'stand' so to speak that latches to the plate will add about a foot to the length of each bike.
    You need about 90" of length for each bike, IIRC.

I just put (4) TRS's in a 7 x 16 v-nose.

trailer bikes.JPG

15. thebrieldeal

I'm hoping that the extra 1.5 wide gets me a third across. Then 2 back and splitting the 3.

Max 3 sportbikes with 2 xr100s but more than likely 2 with a supermoto and the 2 100s

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

When we drove from Cincy to Salt Lake City in '09, we put 6 sportbikes in a 7 x 14 (non v-nose)...12 stands, 12 spare rims/tires, generators, toolboxes, etc etc....We stacked them in sideways and basically leaned them up against each other like a can of sardines.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can mount the plate in front of the rear wheel and save space no problem.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  18. thebrieldeal

Are you saying you can reverse the connection? I feel dense but I'm having trouble seeing it.

Wanna maximize my space for bikes in the trailer.

19. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

You just run the TRS in front of the rear tire instead of behind it.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the plate goes in front of the rear wheel and you put the handle portion on the bike backwards. The bikes will jump up a little - more than the regular position - but it works great if you need to save room. I had to do it that way in the pickup or I'd have had to mount the TRS on the tailgate.