1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pissed off power commander

Discussion in 'Tech' started by tony715, Mar 13, 2004.

1. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

anyone out there have any experience with a power commander?

i just installed the pc and a full erion exhaust on my f4i under the assumtion i would be able to gain som esignificant power (hence the name power commander)

just had the bike dynoed at 96 hp and 42 lbs of torque.

uh huh! i'm a little pissed the damn thing came stock with 95.5. so i paid some good $$ to gain .5 horses.

can you see why i am a little pissed.

as i sit heat chewing my finger nails i rememberred that after i installed the pc and up loaded the correct map the bike ast in my garage a few weeks while the weather was very cold an drained the battery. i pulle dit out , charged the battery and put it back in, fired it up and away i go.

BUT>>>> should i have re-intalled the mapping. does the mapping return to stock when you remove the battery?

when uploading a map does it take a while for the microprocessor the learn the new map?

can someone help me out cause i am pissed. the guy who ran it said it's running great but it just wasn't making alot of hp. had a nice curve. he said it could be tweaked and you could spend a ton e of time to get minimul reuslts but for what it was worth everything looked good.

next ?.. he takes the first run the bike makes 90 hp
    he takes another it takes 96 hp.. is this common for the dyno to be off this much.

thanks for any reply's

tony

:beer: